Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Forum for Ruger owners. I have a Mark II, LCP and just bought SR9C. The SR9C had a poor first outing. Used WWB and jammed, miss-fired one of each mag. Brought it home and did a complete clean-up, polished the feed and cleaned the firing pin chamber. Ordered some Magtech ammo. Hope the second trip goes better.

On the Mark II, I have been having problems with some 10 year old Remington thunderbolt LR. It this an ammo problem because of the age?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Welcome from the hills of Tennessee from a displaced South Carolinian!

You likely have solved the problem with the SR9c. If it is not cleaned thoroughly, especially the striker chamber before your first outing problems are not unusual. Light strikes, feed problems etc. A good cleaning will likely resolve that. Doubt ammo was the culprit.

Ammo may be the problems with the MkII. Rimfires are funny about ammo. A brand that works well in one may be junk in another. If it is 10 years old it should be okay, but hardening powder from moisture creeping in or things such as that could be problematic.

Try some new ammo, several different brands and see if that fixes things.

Good luck!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Howdy from the Indian Territories. Pull up a stump, set n palaver a bit!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome from Orlando, Florida USA! Glad to have you and looking forward to learning from your experience. Great bunch at this post! Best source for knowledge on the web. I think you will find the friendliest, most respectful group of brothers and sisters here!!!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
Don ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.