Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. New member here from South Dakota.

I just ordered my first Revolver, a Blackhawk .357 6.5". I think I already have a sickness. After I pick up either a 77/.357 or a Henry steel carbine .357, I think I may have to add a .357 GP100 to the safe(or night stand).

What is everyone's thought on 77/.357 vs a lever action for general woods bumming?

Final thing, my random question to register here was, "what color is the sun?" I answered orange and was told that was incorrect. Someone should look into that.

Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA!

I am interested in the responses you get concerning the 77/357 or the lever action 357. I've been thinking about one of them also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brianinpa, my initial thoughts on the pro's of each are;

77/357-lighter, more weather resistant, better safety, easier to change types of ammo if you are carrying multiple magazines.

Henry-faster followup shots, higher capacity, overall length is shorter, looks dang cool.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Hello Chuck ... Welcome from SW Ohio and congrats on your new Blackhawk ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Welcome Chuck...hope you enjoy your stay here!

GP100...everyone's gotta have one and you can't beat 'em for ruggedness, reliability, and accuracy! My avatar's hiked many a mile with me in IN, OH, WV, etc...great revolvers!

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome,
Greetings from sunny SC

·
Registered
7,654 Posts