Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 6" SS GP-100 yesterday. I even managed to find one with the rubber grip / wood inserts. (Nothing against the Hogue monogrip that Ruger is using now - I just like the looks and feel of the older factory grip). Now my SP-101 has a big brother.

Eric

·
Banned
723 Posts
Congrats!!!

I have a 3" and a 4" GP100 and just put a 2.25" SP101 on "Hold". I'm selling my PM9 to a co-worker and then I'll have the SP101 as a "third gun". Right now I carry two guns off duty, but I'm going to start carrying three guns when I'm not at work. At work I carry three guns there also, but they are "Issued" and not to my liking.

My new carry set-up will be a 3" GP100, 2.25" SP101 and a S&W 442 on the ankle. I may alternate the 3" GP100 with a 5" 1911 or a Glock 19 from time to time. :)

Biker

·
Registered
235 Posts
congrats and im like you i like the wood inserts better than hogues or the rubber plastics. it just adds some class to the piece

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats they are enjoyable shooters

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good buy, Eric. I passed on a GP-100 from a fella' in FL a couple of years ago. Wishing now I had closed the deal - a fixed site model .38, I believe.

. . .and dayum, BikerRN. I stand by the old slogan "two is one and one is none," but three? Kudos to you for being built in a way that you can conceal 3 firearms. I have trouble finding a place to keep a single RAMI from printing for the entire world to see.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice find,
I have a four inch, but lost it to my wife, It's her first choice weapon,
I need another one, and maybe another....

·
Banned
723 Posts
. . .and dayum, BikerRN. I stand by the old slogan "two is one and one is none," but three? Kudos to you for being built in a way that you can conceal 3 firearms. I have trouble finding a place to keep a single RAMI from printing for the entire world to see.

Actually I ain't that big of a guy. I just learned how to dress around the gun years ago and believe, like Clint Smith, "that one is none and two is one."

Biker

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a quick photo I took with my mobile phone last night. I'm loving the grain pattern on the wood inserts! Can't wait to shoot it (next week at the earliest).

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great choice. I just recently picked up a 3" GP. Can't go wrong with a revolver that's built as solid as a tank.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nice looking GP. I believe that the grip inserts are laminated wood. The "V" grain pattern is a sure sign of it.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Yeah , I just got some new Large Factory grips from Brownells and the inserts are laminated. A very deep wine red and look great. I think they switched to laminated after Lett's closed up and Brownells says they can still get them from Ruger. Makes me wonder why the new Rugers are using Hogues when factory grips are around.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 6 inch stainless on hold at a local shop. Hope to pick it up soon, and can't wait to shoot it. It also has the wood inserts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My LGS has been after all their suppliers for the last several weeks, trying to come up with a full-underlug 3" GP100 for me. No luck as yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts