Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
NICE Revolver!

You just gotta Love a .44 Special revolver!

I recently acquired one of the Lipsey 5" blued .44 Spl's. Like your S/S revolver, it's built like a tank! It's very accurate and fun to shoot. I changed out the springs and that really improved the DA trigger as well as the SA mode.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is a Nice stubby . Gota like them Gp's especially in stainless . Congratulations now get out there and put the rounds to it

·
Registered
112 Posts
SWEET!

·
One Star
9,881 Posts
Awesome,congrats!:cool:

·
Civilian
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back from the range shooting Mag-Tech SJSP 240 gr. 6.2 to 6.8 gr AA#5.
In SA, shoots high and left. In DA, I suck looked like a shotgun blast.
Also AA#5 shoots a little dirty in it so need to find something else. Or bump powder charge up.
Only have limited number of bullets but have others I can try.
Looking forward to next trip out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats. I have the same gun and love it, though I confess I haven't gotten to a range to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice! Got one just like it, too. Shoots Magtech 240 Gr FMJ Low Recoil very close to POI. Going to work up some handloads once I take the time. It's heavy enough that I may try the Keith .44spl loads with some 240gr cast SWC's.

·
Civilian
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! Got one just like it, too. Shoots Magtech 240 Gr FMJ Low Recoil very close to POI. Going to work up some handloads once I take the time. It's heavy enough that I may try the Keith .44spl loads with some 240gr cast SWC's.
What powder are you planning on using with your cast SWC's?
I have some cast 240gr LRN and trying to decide if I want to stick with HS6.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The Keith load is the Lyman #429421 over 2400. Now this is near magnum and I do not recommend using it. These "warm" handloads should only be tried in larger revolvers, such as the Redhawk and Blackhawk. He also used this bullet over Unique. Skeeter Skelton worked up a Unique recipe which is not as hot, but has excellent results. Being a five shot, the 44 GP100 is the smallest gun I would use any of these handloads in. A good article about the various 44 special handloads is here:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same revolver and most of my loads are a 240 grain cast swc with RedDot powde. Just nice light plinking loads

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
You are going to love that revolver.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very nice
Love the .44 sp Round !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts