Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the 1708 3", now to await it's arrival. This is just after getting the 5". I think I am set on GPs for a while.
Now the quest for a 3" OWB holster. I have been looking for quite a while; even before I purchased the 3". Simply Rugged is at the top so far.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Congratulations, I usually shop ebay on most all of my holsters. There is always a ton to pick fron and I can always find the style I am looking for.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
My current quest with 3 inch revolvers has been filled up for quite awhile!!! Currently 2 Ruger SP101's a .38 Special & a .327FM. I would love to find a 1708 or a 1751 or a WC. But all of these fine revolvers new are in the $600.oo range way way too much for me!!! I had to sell a rifle to get the needed funds for the new SP101 .327 FM but time will tell!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Congrats. I don't have a holster for my 1708 yet but I've also looked at the Simply Rugged and I think that would be it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just purchased the 1708 3", now to await it's arrival. This is just after getting the 5". I think I am set on GPs for a while.
Now the quest for a 3" OWB holster. I have been looking for quite a while; even before I purchased the 3". Simply Rugged is at the top so far.
Looking forward to the pictures. :cool:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don't know exactly how you will wear it but I use a Galco Combat Master, rides high, tight and easy to draw from. Conceals very well.

One advantage to the Simply Rugged is the optional straps that allow you to carry Inside Waist Band, and then that big revolver is very difficult to see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts