Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Maine

Just bought a new GP100 6" .357 blued this afternoon. The exact moment I stepped out of the shop the skies opened and the rain came down. Not sure if this is a bad sign or just my typical crappy luck. I plan on getting this beauty out tomorrow and seeing if I can hit anything.

I've been reading through this forum a bit and I think I'm gonna hang around. Good info and good people.

Maine just passed a constitutional carry law but I can't quite figure how I can hide this baby under my shirt. :)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
17,074 Posts

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Sounds like Maine weather to me. We took a trip to Maine a few years back and stayed for the entire summer - the first three days of July. Glorious weather. Would love to return again.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy that GP100.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the greetings.

I guess I will stay out of the minefield. Nothing good can come of me being involved in a discussion of politics or religion.

I really need to shoot my new gun. I have bowling pins to kill and paper to main. :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah, that's gonna tough to conceal. AIWB definitely not recommended. :p I like my GPs with half as much barrel. Welcome!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hello from Maine

Just bought a new GP100 6" .357 blued this afternoon. The exact moment I stepped out of the shop the skies opened and the rain came down. Not sure if this is a bad sign or just my typical crappy luck. I plan on getting this beauty out tomorrow and seeing if I can hit anything.

I've been reading through this forum a bit and I think I'm gonna hang around. Good info and good people.

Maine just passed a constitutional carry law but I can't quite figure how I can hide this baby under my shirt. :)
Welcome dude! It doesn't matter if you can't hit anything straight up. Just believe you can improve and have fun along the way! Cheers gunna.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've never owned a brand new weapon before and I'm wondering if I need to clean and oil it before the 1st time I shoot it?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Georgia!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Definitely clean the barrel/ bore before first shot, to get rid of any lube that may be present.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definitely clean the barrel/ bore before first shot, to get rid of any lube that may be present.
Good call. That sucker was filthy. The gun came with 1 fired shell for some law somewhere in some states BUT the barrel had enough crud for a good session at the range.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Glad to have you with us.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Unless you wear a loose sort coat or such it will be hard. I carried a 51/2 inch redhawk under my sport coat in my store in a Bianchi x 15 holster for 2 weeks years ago just to say I did.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.