Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new gp100 7 shot and absolutely love it. Trigger is amazing feels nice and dead on accurate when the rear sight blade is adjusted all the way to the right.

Ruger customer service is great and they said I can send it back for them to take a look at. But being in NY I have to go through my FFL and it will be a pain.

Front sight was also sticking out to the right Ruger sent me a new front sight and it didn't fix the issue.

Would sights being adjust like this bother anyone? It does keep good groups but having the screw stick out the side bothers me. Not sure if I should send it back or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
More than likely your barrel needs to be clocked to tdc. It would bother me, and I have sent them back for it before. You could always wait and see if it bothers you enough to send it back. Just remember, it is getting to the season when shipping will slow down.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If it bugs you now, it’s unlikely it will quit bugging you.
The off center sight is something you will always look at and need to use, unlike say a small chip on the grip, etc.
Send it back.
BTW, it would really bug me...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Send it back! Ruger CS is top notch.
I've not sent a GP100 back, but my Max9 has been to Prescott three times, and they fixed every issue/or replaced parts/components to make it right.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It would be nice if Ruger would cover shipping AND any FFL fees I need to pay to send their mistake back to them.

Ruger is putting premium prices on their hardware now. Years ago Ruger was a value leader as well as a bit more careful what they ship.
I must be missing something. Every time my Max-9 went back they paid S&H both ways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The front sight seems centered with the board, although it does look sticking out to the right. The rear sight seems biased to the right, but it is not quite all the way. I wouldn't get bothered by it.

Try dry firing and watch the sight picture when the hammer drops. Does it shift to the left? It may be your trigger control. Let someone else shoot it.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a Redhawk that needs similar rear sight adjustment. I finally figured out the recess for the rear sight in the top strap was machined off center a few thousandths. It’s an early one and I bought it used on gunbroker so I never felt like pestering Ruger about it. About all they could do is replace it, no real fix. It hits point of aim for me. I actually removed the rear sight blade and reshaped and shortened the point where the adjustment screw contacts so the screw didn’t protrude. If I were you and would have bought it new I’d probably make them make it right. Ruger QC has slipper a lot in the last decade. I put them on a similar level with Taurus now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a shame to hear because everything else about it is amazing. Never felt an action on a revolver like this one. Hope they can fix it. I think the channel on the front site is off.maube just needs a new barrel.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I'm gonna send kind of mixed signals here. As Andre Coop states, hammer shims will take care of hammer lean or off center situation, and if it has a great action and will shoot to point of aim as is, I might be hesitant to send it back. I'm just thinking out loud here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It appears that the front sight is right of center ,due to the plunger being drilled off center.
A front sight to the right makes the gun shoot left.A gun that shoots left is compensated for by moving the rear sight to the right,as yours has been.
The problem is with the front sight, which is not adjustable.
Send it back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts