Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought my first handgun: a GP100 WC SS 1752. After talking to friends and researching, I had decided on a GP100 4". I visited a nearby shop and they had this WC. I really liked it, and after doing a little research, found that there aren't many new ones left. I liked the grip and FO sight on this model, so decided it was worth paying extra over the standard model. Now if the weather would warm up and the wind quit blowing here, I can hopefully go to the range sometime soon and try it out!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Congrats on the 1752. As for not many new ones left......well, perhaps until the next batch gets made and released. Over 5,000 made and counting and why not - one of the coolest GP100s ever made. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

As for not many new ones left......well, perhaps until the next batch gets made and released.
That could very well be. I was just looking around online for price comparisons, and nearly all the sites that listed it said "not available" or similar. The fact that "extras" were made doesn't bother me, as I don't plan to sell, but I can see where a collector would be unhappy about it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nah, it's a great production gun but no real "collector" value . Shoot the heck out of it and enjoy. :cool:

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
You made a very good choice in your first revolver. I had looked for several years at Ruger GP100's to add to my S&W Model 66. I lucked out came across a nice Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp II mine is the Blued version called Hawkeye Blue but none the less really like the GP100 WC. The GP100 WC just seems to be well balanced with how it is set up. The cylinder the way its been machined for easier holstering is nice. My favorite on these guns are the Novak front and rear sight system. These GP100 WC are very accurate for just a 3 inch barrel. My Ruger GP100 is now more of my go to gun vs my S&W. The Ruger GP100 no matter what model they are really well made revolvers that are setup for more constant use with .357 mine will get more .38 Specials easier on my hand!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
My stainless WC was my first 'magnum revolver' though I had been shooting 1911's for going on 30 years.

Mine has turned out to be a ton of fun at the range, and has an exceptionally good trigger. It has been one of my better gun choices, and I hope you have as much fun and good luck with yours as I have had with mine.

I have fired six 38 +P loads through mine (the first six shots) before loading 357 mags, but it has seen nothing but magnums since then. They are just too much fun.

Be careful though, I have since moved up the ladder, picking up a couple more much larger magnum revolvers since the WC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My stainless WC was my first 'magnum revolver' though I had been shooting 1911's for going on 30 years.

Mine has turned out to be a ton of fun at the range, and has an exceptionally good trigger. It has been one of my better gun choices, and I hope you have as much fun and good luck with yours as I have had with mine.

I have fired six 38 +P loads through mine (the first six shots) before loading 357 mags, but it has seen nothing but magnums since then. They are just too much fun.

Be careful though, I have since moved up the ladder, picking up a couple more much larger magnum revolvers since the WC.
Agreed. Yetiman, you should have been aware of the slippery slope.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. Just shoot, clean, repeat. I've got quite a few rounds through my stainless WC, and clean it the same as my other revolvers. No abnormal wear. Just the typical turn ring on the cylinder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts