Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my 20% discount code for registering on Ruger.com to get these black laminate grip panels. Can’t wait to try it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Looks sweet.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Look very nice.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not only do they look & feel great, they improved my accuracy. The wider grips fit my hand better, less adjusting & makes the pistol point better as well. In short I like them! Thanks for the replies, I’m a happy camper!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad to see someone else put the laminate grips on one of the bronze Wranglers - I just picked up my bronze one yesterday, and was surprised at just how small the grip is. And I've got tiny hands that fit the LCR just fine.

Wouldn't mind some thicker grips to make the hand more comfortable. And make the gun look cooler!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Great choice in grips, it looks a lot better. Ruger needs to reevaluate this practice of placing cheap plastic grips on their revolvers. In my opinion I be willing to pay a few extra dollars in having wood/laminate grips to begin with.

Keystone Cowboy what and how did you fix the factory sights with this gun; please post pictures!!!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I read last week on the facepage page that the rosewood grips were out of stock. I thought the rosewood wouldn’t look as good on bronze but seen a picture of that combo, it looked nice! Still like my black laminate better though. Bet Altamont is loving this Wrangler craze right now...

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,842 Posts
I'm OK with Ruger putting cheap plastic panels on the Wrangler. It's built to the lowest possible price point and I already had a bunch of old wood panels knocking around to choose from. And even if they did put a set of wood laminate panels on it I may prefer something else anyway. I feel the same way about the standard blued revolvers and their "hard rubber" panels (which look and feel like plastic to me). They may look more correct like the hard rubber panels on the 19th century SAA but I end up changing them out to something else.

A few dollars here, a few dollars there and the Wrangler becomes a Single Six. We should be thankful they decided to offer three colors otherwise it would have been the Model T of single actions.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Great choice in grips, it looks a lot better. Ruger needs to reevaluate this practice of placing cheap plastic grips on their revolvers. In my opinion I be willing to pay a few extra dollars in having wood/laminate grips to begin with.
Nope. Please put cheap plastic grips on every gun - that way I can choose what I want from whatever vendor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts