Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow! Feel like I have been in the desert and found an oasis here! In the past 30 days I have bought a 10/22, SS/Black Poly, because of so many good things said about them on the web and other enthusiasts sites. I have also just bought a Mini 30 SS/All Weather after extensive research. I was leaning towards an AR platform at first because it seemed so popular and was the "hot" item to have it seems, but during my research most of the conversations about the AR's boiled down to a "Chevy vs. Ford" mentality. Not that they are not both fine cars, but the allegiance factor did not impress me as much as factual comparisons coupled with unemotional critiques. So, in short the Mini 30 appealed to me on a much more practical level. Quality, reputation, value, flexibility, and American made were all combined to help me make my decision. This is a fantastic forum and I am encouraged by it that I made a good choice with these two guns. I am interested in hunting as well as target shooting but find myself limited in outlets as there are no local rifle ranges where I live. Enough about me. This is a good forum and shows a lot of class and intelligence, as well as good humor. Hope to learn more about the guns I have, and enjoy the conversations of my fellow Ruger owners.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Congratulations on your new purchases, enjoy and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome from the Mountain State of West Virginia

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Welcome from New England!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I belong to a local Meetup camping group and dont get this much contact! LOL Do you guys have your own property for target shooting or do you just buck it up and join a "Sportsmans" club for range time? As stated before most of the local gunshops here that have ranges are in the handgun or 25 yd. scenario.

: )

·
Registered
597 Posts
All outdoor ranges are about 1-1.5hr drive from where I live. Indoor pistol range that is closest to me is 20 min but I hate the stuck up employees there and the gangster wannabe shooters that think that they are in the movies and pay no attention at all to safe gun handling and the ROs if any don't really care that are there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tiger, this has been my experience as well with my CCW adventures. Nothing more unsafe than a range with testosterone all over the floor. LOL Gun safety was my primary focus when I took the Hunter Safety Course, required for a hunting license in NC, and I have taught my Grandaughter the same. While we shoot .177 pellet rifles for now, I am looking forward to teaching her about rimfires and centerfires as well.

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts