Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you haven't heard, the Flint murder rate for 2012 was about 66 per 100,000. We had 66 homicides & I'm assuming our population is still about 100,000. If it's lower, the rate is even higher.
Anyway, that's my reason for being here. I have a Springfield XD-45 5" and a Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander 45 4 1/4", both of which my wife hates due to the recoil. SO..... time for something she can shoot somewhat comfortably. Top of the list is a CP100 4" in 357 mag. Load it with 38's & she should be more comfortable with it than the 45's. Price & quality wise, it looks to me that the Ruger is the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum from upstate NY. Your plan sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Georgia!

Good choice to look into as a gun for your Mrs. to shoot. I have a 4", blued GP100 .357 Mag. and love it. It's built like a tank, the .38 recoil would be minimal though the weight may be problem for her, it's 40 ozs.

Another option to look at is the LCR D/A's, they come in both .357 Mag and .38 Spl.(+P) and they're lighter. Maybe you could check both the GP and the LCR out at a range that rents them and get a better feel.

Good luck with your decision...

Glad you could join us, ENJOY!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello and welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome from the U.P. My wife is from Flint, I'm from Battle Creek. We've been up here now for 11 years and wouldn't go back to live below the bridge for love or money. I had a CCW permit when I worked down state and needed it. Sounds like your weapons of choice are right on.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome, good folks here...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome, my wife shoots the 38's out of my LCR .357 without any problems, a longer barrel and heavier gun should have even less recoil.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Howdy Dave welcome from the mini state.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from ND,

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome from East Lansing. I have the four inch gp100 and if you'd like to meet at a range near by I'd be happy to let her try it out. The closest indoor range is Total Firearms in Mason. But there is an outdoor DNR range at Rose Lake near Bath, Mi. that I go to often. Let me know and I'd be happy to meet you.
Lots of knowledgable people on this forum.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.