Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Ian from Iowa. Got my CCW permit about a month ago although dont currently carry. I actually dont own a pistol yet however I do have a few on my "wishlist". Currently own a 10/22 "Rifle" (WM special) that I got second hand from a friend for a GREAT price. I plan on purchasing an SR22 pistol, SR9, and a '67 S&W model 28 "Highway Patrolman" from my father in law for a good price. I figure these calibers will basically cover all the bases for pistols. Will most likely end up with a couple other rifles down the road but not sure what yet (more research needed).

On a more personal level I work at a factory doing factory things. I was previously an "Automotive collision repair technician" (body man) for 2 years and have also rebuilt 3 engines in my garage for personal projects. Tearing stuff apart and putting it back together has always been easy for me when it comes to mechanical things. Probably why I love my 10/22 lol. I did my own amateur trigger job on it and replaced a few other tidbits to add some of my personal style to it.

Yeah, so thats a small glimpse of me. Feel free to ask questions, Ill be happy to answer.

-IanS

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome to the forum from the great gun state of Pennsylvania! Look forward to your future posts.........

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! your mechanical abilities will keep you busy conversing around here-- lots of good conversation about technical stuff, builds, reloading, etc. i'm sure you'll dig it! enjoy the forum and your rugers!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from 30 miles south. Two years ago, I got a permit to carry and didn't really intend to carry. But the more I learned, the more comfortable I got.

My advice: learn what you need, get that gun, and start carrying; you will like it.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Welcome Ian,

I bought the LCR 357 as my first carry choice but plan on the SR9c as another option as well. I like your choice of the SR-22 as I have one and it's a good one for sure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the kind words. The best part about the SR22 is that its inexpensive, inexpensive to shoot, and light recoil for the wife to try out (if I can somehow convince her to shoot it - any suggestions on this I am all ears). Also my wife and I both have essentially the same hand size (heck even the same ring size which made remembering that much easier lol) so most guns "should" fit us about the same. Ive been able to get her into helping me out with cars form time to time so hopefully I can make this happen.

IowaBibleMan - Are there any decent gun stores in your neck of the woods? Best place I have found is Skunk River Arms in Hayesville (by Sigourney) which is a pretty solid 40 min drive.

Not sure if this is ok or not but here is the website:

Skunk River Arms

-IanS

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
496 Posts
IowaBibleMan - Are there any decent gun stores in your neck of the woods? Best place I have found is Skunk River Arms in Hayesville (by Sigourney) which is a pretty solid 40 min drive.
Wow, Skunk River Arms website looks good. There are some FFL's in town, but not much to get excited about. It would probably be a waste of time to come to town and look. I have made recent purchases at a house-FFL near Cedar Rapids and at Scheels in Iowa City. TrueValue Hardware in Washington has a good gunshop/section in their store; you should visit them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.