Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...im a long time lurker but finally joined the forum. all my guns are rugers and i enjoy shooting and carrying them any chance i get. my home is the beautiful tennessee valley of north alabama. im about 15min. from the state line. so our land consist of swampy creek bottoms and nice rolling hills. i dont even deer hunt with a rifle.....im strictly a handgun hunter. i handload my own ammo and 99% of the time im carrying my 6" GP100. for our deer, a well placed .357 round will drop them in there tracks! i have shot and owned several .44 and .45 blackhawks and redhawks but the GP is my go-to:)

heres me and my 2 lil boys last year on opening day of gun season...

and heres last weeks opening day....again with my growing boys..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome from Southern California.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome from Western Kentucky! I was just in North Alabama (Madison) visiting my brother and father in Madison. From your description, you are probably not too far from them. And one of my former Navy bosses lives in Toney, Alabama.

Small world!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome to the club...err forum. I'm in NW Alabama not too far from you and I also have a 6" GP100. Great shooting, I see all that practice paid off, you did practice didn't you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys!

rdbjr57....i live in toney and work on redstone arsenal in huntsville! small world! i have family in lexington,ky also:)

gunlover..i might have practiced a lil bit..LOL! i will say that i am shooting alot more consistent with the hivis front sight.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Great gun, great shooting and great that you have meat in the freezer.
Great sons you have there.

·
Registered
17,076 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice deer, nice family - congratulations! Love the 6" GP100 - it's the gun I shoot the best and my favorite sidearm when I hunt.

Wave

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Howdy from Nebraska! Great photos, and I think its awesome youre teaching sons at an early age. Great job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks everyone! as im typing this i can just smell the tenderloin marinating:) my boys and even my wife love the tenderloin. my wife has come along way since i got her out of the city LOL!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.