Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost afraid to say it but I live in Southern California. Before you blast me for that I'll tell you we have retirement property in Arizona that will hopefully be occupied by us in about 7-8 years!!

Both my wife and I are employeed by our local Sheriff's Office. I've been a Sergeant for 7 years and she just got pomoted to Sergeant this month. I just celebrated my 29th anniversary with the dept and my wife has 20 years in. Just a few more and we can retire to that wonderful and secluded property to start enjoying the rest of our lives.

Naturally guns are a part of our lives. I found this site looking for some info on a Deerfield .44mag carbine. Looks like a great place you have here and I hope I may be able to contribute to the site.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome. They always said California was the land of the fruits and nuts......at least you and your wife are keeping them in line!!!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. Tell your wife she is welcome also. We have a few Ladies on Board and need more. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by yzernie

I'm almost afraid to say it but I live in Southern California. Before you blast me for that I'll tell you we have retirement property in Arizona that will hopefully be occupied by us in about 7-8 years!!

Both my wife and I are employeed by our local Sheriff's Office. I've been a Sergeant for 7 years and she just got pomoted to Sergeant this month. I just celebrated my 29th anniversary with the dept and my wife has 20 years in. Just a few more and we can retire to that wonderful and secluded property to start enjoying the rest of our lives.

Naturally guns are a part of our lives. I found this site looking for some info on a Deerfield .44mag carbine. Looks like a great place you have here and I hope I may be able to contribute to the site.
As the future unfolds and we discuss the very serious topic of self defense, lethality, and stopping power, input from experienced people like you two will have great value. Peace officers, deployed on the street, in the "real world", know what works and what doesn't. Welcome to you both. MACHINISTgunner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome. As far as real life scenarios, yeah, I have some insight on those!!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome from Nor Cal. I'm retired CHP and my dad is retired LAPD. I just found this site the other day and have learned a lot. Search around this site and you'll find some pretty cool stuff.
Have fun,
Dan'o :}

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.