Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Midland!

We're a two-Ruger family. The Boss Lady started it last fall with an SP-101. She had looked at several guns, including semi-autos and other wheelguns. But she fell in love when she picked up that little Ruger. And she likes its bedside manner!

Kinda liked it, too. Nice and solid and looked like it could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. But the grip felt a bit small for my big ol' meat hooks. I picked up a GP-100 and decided it was time for the old man to spring for a wheelgun, as well.

Reason I straggled in over here is I spotted a post on another forum about Iowegan's IBOK. I like to keep up on all our things mechanical (restored a roto-tiller precursor that used to drag me through the garden and we still go for drives in the '72 Malibu of which the Boss Lady's mom was the original owner) and figured I best hie myself over here and join in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
By the by... can someone point me in the direction of figuring out the vintage of a Ruger from the serial number? My GP can't be too new. It's in the yellow cardboard box! The latest date I can find on the box or its included propaganda is 1991.

Nevermind. Found it! Sometimes even a blind pig can find an acorn!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Found it. Thanks, John!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man! Not even a member for 24 hours and a welcome from the Founder and Admin! Feelin' the love in this joint!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts