Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced the Bantam grips on one of my 4" Redhawks. I wanted to do them one at at time to try out what I thought was a good grip. I didn't want to buy two and not like them. Believe it or not there aren't a whole lot of pics on the net for this combo so I'm posting these to brag and if someone else is considering it they can see what it looks like.

The third pic shows why I went with the Lamo Camo. This gun will be paired up with my Guide Gun and I wanted durability over looks. I like the Lamo Camo but I understand it's an acquired taste. IMO the Guide Gun 30-06 and the stainless Redhawk 44mag are a natural match.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Those go together great! Nice look.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have a very similar shape and feel without the tackiness and they're about 1/2" longer. I found the Bantam grips crowded my little finger so the extra length works for me. I have medium large hands. I shot it with some medium loads and some hot loads. They're very comfortable with normal loads. The hot loads thumped a bit more than the Bantams but not much. Since I don't normally shoot a lot of hot loads these will work great for me.

I like them enough that I'm going to order a second set for my 45 Colt Redhawk except this time I'll get the Rosewood laminate. I initially pondered over whether or not to get the checkered version but I'm glad I didn't. These feel great and the smooth finish lets the gun roll a bit with the recoil. I've only shot a few rounds but so far I like them and don't regret making the switch. Plus, I think it looks better than the rubber grips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Hogue monogrip in Pau Ferro wood with the top finger groove. It definitely looks nicer and and feels nicer in the hand than the Hogue Tamer grip, which is too small for my hands and was stock on my SRH.

Pau Ferro is advertised as one of their most durable wood offerings, and while it is quite hard and has a dense grain, I'm not sure how well it would hold up over time, shooting 480's. So I keep Hogue nylons on the guns that I shoot frequently.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Those look great with your rifle, could not have picked a better match.

I have the same gun with the Hogue Coco Bolo grips. A picture is attached to show how they look versus the stock Bantam grips. Like you, I prefer a little longer grip than the Bantams provided. I need to get this to the range, have not shot it since I bought it 8 months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The Guide Gun..........I've been drooling over those since they came out.......

I love the matched wood on them, they are perfect together:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is one good lookin' 2-gun combo, nice camo lamo - and glad to read other folks' experiences with the Redhawk grips. (My NEXT Ruger....Redhawk in some shape or form....)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts