Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I signed on here to ask some questions about a P95 I'm thinking of buying, and just thought I'd check in here and introduce myself.

I grew up around guns (my father was a collector and Distinguished Rifleman marksman). But got away from it when he died during my high school years. I recently got my favorite gun from his collection back from a deceased relative, a Winchester Model 94. Shoots great and looks awesome on the wall, but I thought it was time to get a handgun my wife could get comfortable with for home defense if needed. Plus, my office is right around the corner from the NRA headquarters, and I'd like to have something to take to the range there and have some fun with.

So, that's me and my deal. Glad to be here and thanks in advance for any help or advice. Ed.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
hello from Texas

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome from the Valley. Good to have another virginian here. I love my P95, but if that's what you're thinking of for the wife let her handle one first. Some people have difficulty getting use to the grip size. Lucky dog, working right by NRA headquarters. Enjoy!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi from W. WA. I think you'll like it here

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex-glad you chose us-we have a good bunch here-good times ahead!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! I have since abandoned the used P95 idea in favor of a new GP100 and should have it by the weekend! Very excited, it's a great looking gun. Satin stainless finish with 6" barrel.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's a great start. Let us know how it shoots once you get it outdoors. I don't think you will be disappointed. After you clean it good, lightly lube and dry fire it several hundred times to smooth up the action.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jimbo, thanks. I was going to ask some questions about your post but I think it should be a fresh post, so I'll figure out the best place for it (probably the revolvers forum) and get some detailed advice on these first steps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts