Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Gotta get me a set of those spalted maple ones.

One of my GP's is sporting a set of his cocobolo inserts. My SP101 has a set to match.

I now have another GP and currently have a set of hogues on it, but have a factory grip for it too. I'm planning another "41 Magnum" purchase for that one soon. Just got to pick a set out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
L00KS FINE to Me...<:))

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That knife is just a cheapo piece of crap that I got off eBay. I liked the look and it was cheap so I got it. It happened to be handy when I took the picture so I tossed it in to be all artsy fartsy like. lol :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think I'll get some grips for my GP100 also.
Oh, I forgot . I don't have a GP100. Yet. It's on my to get list, along with an LCP and a couple others.

Niced looking gun BH.And nice grips 41

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That knife is just a cheapo piece of crap that I got off eBay. I liked the look and it was cheap so I got it. It happened to be handy when I took the picture so I tossed it in to be all artsy fartsy like. lol
See, I thought it was going to be some custom job you had special made for like 300.00 or so. Guess I'm not the conneuseur of blades I thought I was.........:D.

·
Banned
108 Posts
I have a nice set of Spalted Apple inserts on the way from an ebay auction I won. They will be going on my SP101 and I'll post pics along with my 4" GP100 which has compact factory grips. The 4" GP100 actually looks really nice with the compact grips, handles well too. Selling the Ruger emblem Hogues that came with the new GP100 on ebay now. My GP100 was factory test fired on 4/11/08! Pretty darn new.I hope everyone on here from Arkansas and parts near are OK after todays Tornadoes, My inlaws were spared damage from the Suffolk,VA tornadoes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There's a simple solution for that. Buy about 20 bucks worth of firebrick, about 10 bucks worth of 2" plumbing pipe, a cheap electric leafblower and some real wood charcoal and start forging your own. :D.

I can turn a worn out lawnmower blade into a very nice skinning knife or cleaver.

·
Banned
108 Posts
gunlover24 - thanks, I can't wait to get them. My wife would probably slap me if she knew I spent $40.00 on them. I just had to have them, never saw spalted apple wood before.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Those look so good. I bought a GP a few weeks ago. Excellent gun. Mine came with a Hogue grip it is a nice grip, but it isn't as easy on the eye's as your grips. I going to get a set eventually. I hear MidwayUSA has um. Did you make custom inserts or did you buy them?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts