Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.. I have a new addition to my handgun 'family'. Today I picked up a very nice Taurus 669 in .357mag. It has a 6" barrel and is blued (my preference), this is not a 'modern' model so it's a 6 shot.

I was a bit pressed for time this morning so I only managed 50 rounds of .38 through it. It shot well, nice tight groups and felt good in my hand. Everything appears to be nice and tight though the finish is beginning to look a bit tired and in need of some TLC.

Anyway, enough of the verbals.. you just want to see photos eh..

Attachments

·
One Star
9,738 Posts
Very nice looking Taurus 669 .357 6".

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a matter of interest, in case there's someone here who knows stuff, what's the difference between a model 66 and the 669? I can't find anything online that explains, sufficiently (to a brain-dead ageing old fart) the difference.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Just as a matter of interest, in case there's someone here who knows stuff, what's the difference between a model 66 and the 669? I can't find anything online that explains, sufficiently (to a brain-dead ageing old fart) the difference.
The underlug, on a 669 it runs the length of the barrel, on a 66 it doesn't, (the older model 66 six shot not the newer seven shot). Other than that they're pretty much the same.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,777 Posts
Handsome firearm. Good that it found a new home. Congratulations.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice revolver. Now get out there and Shoot it like you stole it or is that Ride it like you stole it !!!!!!! Either way enjoy it congrats

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice acquisition. It appears to be a "shooter" in very good condition. If it shoots to your liking, I'd say pass on any cosmetics (its a Taurus), keep it oiled and enjoy shooting the snot out of it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Enjoy shooting it. Good find.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys..

I'm a little curious about the hammer on this revolver. It looks like no other hammer I've seen on similar Taurus models. Just for the 'techie' minded, the flat spur of the hammer is just over 7mm wide and it's just on 14mm in length. Someone, on another forum, suggested it was a 'target' model hammer. It matches very closely with the trigger in colour..

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Nice pickup. A question I have read that firearms ownership is easier on the Channel Islands than in mainland Great Britain. Can you have a resience on the channel isles and take advantage of this if your main resdience is in Birmingham for instance?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pickup. A question I have read that firearms ownership is easier on the Channel Islands than in mainland Great Britain. Can you have a resience on the channel isles and take advantage of this if your main resdience is in Birmingham for instance?
Theoretically yes, you could.. but only if you have lots, and lots, and lots of money..!!

Like the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands are tax havens ergo prices for property are very high (there's a house for sale currently here in the Isle of Man for a little over $36,000,000..!!)
And, if the Channel Islands are anything like here, you would not have full residential status until you'd lived there 10 years. I suspect that you would have to prove you spend a large percentage of your time in the Channel Islands.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts