Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new LC9, Saturday night at local Gander Mountain. On sale with rebate $330.00. Can't wait to go to the range. Have been looking for a carry pistol, liked this one. Grips a little small so ordered some slip on grips an ordered a Techna-clip, I like to just slip the pistol in my waistband. Hope to go to the range on Sunday and try this LC9 out.:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thinking about an LC9 myself for the near future... They look great for concealed carry. Being an SR9 owner, however, I'm leaning a little more toward the SR9c. Of course I'd get them both if my budget allowed! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you'll really like the LC9.
Mine handled all the American made ammo with boxer primers I've fed it so far.
From all I've heard the LC9 do not like the foriegn made ammo it seems the primers melt and cause FTF.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Glad to have you with us.

Good choice on the LC9. Mine has become my primary CCW.

I recommend a good IWB holster rather than just "slip the pistol in my waistband." Even with the long trigger pull and thumb safety, a holster that covers the trigger is always a good idea. I use a Remora for my LC9. Many others are available.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
My LC9, ser. #321-xxxx, was test fired 09/09/2011 and purchased new by me last May. Going on 250 rounds with no issues thus far. Sights are tight. Added a Pachmayr tactical grip glove and highly recommend it. Recently added the Galloway steel guide rod and 20 lb. recoil spring. Maybe a slight difference in felt recoil & muzzle flip. It didn't improve my grouping thus far. I'm shooting 7" or 8" groups at 30 feet with the LC9. I can get 3" to 4" groups at that distance with my SR9c.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an lc9 and have shot about 300-400 rounds thur it and I can hit anything at 30feet. Im a pretty good shot with all my other pistols but for some reason the lc9 just doesn't like me lol. It is the perfect size and comfortable to carry but for me not the best shooter. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Have had my Lc9 a year and a half, it has had 800 trouble free rounds threw it and it runs on any kind of ammo without problems. I carry it in a Mitch Rosen OWB holster and it is so light and compact that it is unnoticeable. They are a great little pistol and you got yours for a good price.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have 2 LC9s. I shoot one, the other sits in the safe as a backup. I really like the LC9, after a somewhat rocky start with the pinky extention. The recoil and my tight grip on the gun would cause the mag to drop when fired. Changed back to the flat floor plate, and 600 rounds since with no mag drop. Crimson Trace LaserGuard, and a fluff and buff. Its excellent. Learn how to use the trigger, and your good.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I know that a lot of folks just cringe at the idea of carrying without a holster, but I too like the clip IWB method. I use a universal clipdraw myself. Same idea as the Techna-clip, but the mounting tape allows you to decide how low you want it to sit.

I wore it like that at 1 oclock (appendix) most of the day this Saturday, working out at my Mom's house, climbing up in the attic to get stuff down and such, while wearing jeans and an untucked t-shirt. It stayed put and was pretty comfortable.

I like the idea of no added bulk and thickness from a holster, and you can slide the gun in anywhere around your waist that you desire very quickly. And with that long DAO trigger I feel safe from any AD. Just make sure to "holster" it with a little care so that the trigger doesn't get snagged on anything when sliding it onto your waistband and I think you're perfectly safe carrying that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Guys,
Went to the range yesterday, 50 plus rounds not one single problem! Have had the Teckna-clip on for a couple days now, works great. With one in the pipe, safety on, trigger is a-ok. Also have the Pachmayr slip grip on it very comfortable. Shot good, better than my .380s I have owned. Used my reloads 125g LRN and 4.4g of Unigue powder, good load used this load for years in all of my 9s. Cleaned the LC9 before shooting and now back to the cleaning bench. Thx for reading post !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.