Ruger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can carry an AR-15 in your pocket if you want to and have big enough pockets but you can't hide it. Same way with anything bigger than LCP 2. It showed no matter what you put it in. Especially if you are constantly pulling up your pants.
Now that’s just a silly comparison. My P238 fits in my left over LCP II holsters, even the molded leather one.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Nice but that isn't a 50 cent piece group. More like 2" group. I can shoot that good with my Kimber Micro 9.
Those are .22LR holes, not 9mm...how big is the target? Yea, oops, you don't know, do you? You can shoot that good with your Kimber Micro 9? I just thought you said that you 'doubt anyone can shoot that good with a sub compact semi-auto handgun'. Now all of a sudden you can? Make up your mind. I show you proof of a great grouping and you still deny it.

I know your type, you love to argue, just for the sake of arguing. Someone says left, you say right. You thrive on conflict, on denying the truth at all costs, just to get an argument going. You would debate the Earth being round, despite all the proof.

Plenty of knowledgeable gun owners on this site have real-world experience with the failures of the LCP II .22LR.

That's a fact. You'll still deny it, though, the equivalent of calling all of us liars.

Have fun.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
Plenty of knowledgeable gun owners on this site have real-world experience with the failures of the LCP II .22LR.

That's a fact. You'll still deny it, though, the equivalent of calling all of us liars.
Certainly not taking sides, but the negative posts about the LCPII only seem to outnumber positive posts here. And most of the negative posts are by the same few members that got lemons. Most of the posts I see on other forums about these pistols are very positive, and they're not repeat posts from just a few.

But the fact that lemons are produced is proof enough to me that Ruger designs guns to work - rather than designing them to not fail. This is settling for a good design instead of pushing for an excellent design. I have similar experience with the MKIII line. 2 brand new pistols for me that were both lemons, while other people bought 1-5 that all worked fine.

The major sin here is that the LCPII is marketed as a self-defense gun, while the MKIII was not. JMO

Reactions: mndoggie

·
Registered
242 Posts
Those are .22LR holes, not 9mm...how big is the target? Yea, oops, you don't know, do you? You can shoot that good with your Kimber Micro 9? I just thought you said that you 'doubt anyone can shoot that good with a sub compact semi-auto handgun'. Now all of a sudden you can? Make up your mind. I show you proof of a great grouping and you still deny it.

I know your type, you love to argue, just for the sake of arguing. Someone says left, you say right. You thrive on conflict, on denying the truth at all costs, just to get an argument going. You would debate the Earth being round, despite all the proof.

Have fun.
You or who ever said 50centpiece groups 2"" is not a 50centpiece even a silver dollar isn't 2"

·
Registered
242 Posts
Certainly not taking sides, but the negative posts about the LCPII only seem to outnumber positive posts here. And most of the negative posts are by the same few members that got lemons. Most of the posts I see on other forums about these pistols are very positive, and they're not repeat posts from just a few.

But the fact that lemons are produced is proof enough to me that Ruger designs guns to work - rather than designing them to not fail. This is settling for a good design instead of pushing for an excellent design. I have similar experience with the MKIII line. 2 brand new pistols for me that were both lemons, while other people bought 1-5 that all worked fine.

The major sin here is that the LCPII is marketed as a self-defense gun, while the MKIII was not. JMO
People who have a bitch are the ones that talk the most.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok, I been reading posts from the last 8 years and still have not seen a solution to the original problem or that it is a one of a kind problem or that it is....,....>>??? Are the LCP.22 new firearms a POS...Has Ruger done a recall if they are? Still looking for a new semi auto .22 handgun and the LCP is one that is under consideration.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I certainly wouldn't order one on-line expecting it to be reliable. But if it was something I was interested in, I'd look for one in a LGS. Take a pack of dummy rounds with you and see if they cycle okay. Dummy rounds should reveal feeding problems and/or extraction problems, if they exist in a particular pistol. If they run okay and you want to buy it, try and buy a spare mag while you're there. Then the only thing you need to remember is to avoid dry fire so you don't end up with a broken firing pin.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I guess you’d be the exception then, since you don’t seem to have a bitch. 😆
I meant that they tend to post more. I am only defending what I consider a good gun with some problems that not all have. I offered a fix to one issue and no one else seems to care. Must be they like to complain or criticize others for trying to be helpful. My comment on talking the most is the ones that don't have problems with the gun don't have any reason to post unless they are trying to help. And help is few and far between.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I meant that they tend to post more. I am only defending what I consider a good gun with some problems that not all have. I offered a fix to one issue and no one else seems to care. Must be they like to complain or criticize others for trying to be helpful. My comment on talking the most is the ones that don't have problems with the gun don't have any reason to post unless they are trying to help. And help is few and far between.
Just some friendly ribbing, good job on the slide lock fix.👍🏻

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just some friendly ribbing, good job on the slide lock fix.👍🏻
I do have a quick question. Has anyone tried a stronger recoil spring in their LCP 2 22lr to prevent the slide lock lever from activating when it isn't supposed to. I am thinking in some guns the slide may be hitting the end of it's travel hard enough that the lever moves up a litte and gets caught by slide. I tried a little more potent 22lr loading in mine and now it is acting up again. Went back to other loads and it stopped. Fired 100 rounds of lower power loads and no failures but with stronger loads it happened about every other shot. I am thinking a heavier spring might stop that. Now I am not sure if my original fix really did anything or it was coincidence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm off to ACE Hardware to see if they have a 'springier spring' (technical term) that will fit...

View attachment 153431
I just stretched mine a little and it helped alot, ordered a stronger spring set from Galloway. Heck i got a set of springs near that size. Oh i wanted to ask someone who has taken out the extractor is it supposed to be straight across or does the bottom of it angle a bit?

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I got myself a 22lr lcp a few months ago, and after the first time at the range, noticed the inability to manually extract an unfired round. I figured out that it would extract/eject if it was done upside down, and eventually pin-pointed the problem to the tilting barrel. As the slide moves back, the chamber end of the barrel begins to drop lower. As it does, the next round in the magazine begins to touch bottom of the ejecting cartridge. As this is happening the extractor actually loses it’s grip on the TOP edge of the case because it is moving too low. You end up with a half-extracted cartridge. When the gun is manually cycled upside down, the barrel doesn’t drop, so the extractor retains it’s grip.

If you lock the slide back, you will notice that there is a LOT of vertical play in the chamber end of the barrel. As an experiment, I figured I could put something under the barrel to keep it from dropping so low. Eventually, I settled on a piece of silicone o-ring. I took an o-ring that was made of 1/16” round stock and cut a piece about 1/4” long. I took the upper off the gun and flipped it over. I laid the piece of silicone in the barrel groove where the take-down pin goes. The gun needs to be reassembled upside down to keep the silicone piece in place, but once together, it can’t go anywhere. When cycling, it starts to get a little tight near the end the first few times, but smooths out. And, it works. The thing ejects perfectly, and the little piece of rubber has been in there for a few hundred rounds so far.

Unfortunately, and the reason I found this thread, I am having a problem with the slide locking back with rounds still in the magazine. What TwoBits says above may have some merit: stronger recoil spring. It seems like it’s the stronger ammo that does it, but sometimes it happens with weaker stuff too. 40 grain mini-mags are flawless, but 40 grain Aguila super extra do it 2 or 3 times per magazine. The Aguilas do it more than Interceptors or Velocitors. I don’t think that the bullet noses are hitting the tab on the slide stop.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Interesting fix on the extraction issue. Some do and some don’t from the factory. Learning from my experience and other contributors on this forum the difference in how the extractor interacts with a cartridge can vary 1/4” between different guns. In some guns the cartridge slides over the extractor as the slide is being pulled back, in others it will slide under the extractor, but others it stays centered. A true Goldilocks gun.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts