Ruger Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up completely removing the slide lock lever. The spring must stay in so that the pin locks in place. Now it functions flawlessly. Of course, it doesn’t lock back on an empty mag.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I ended up completely removing the slide lock lever. The spring must stay in so that the pin locks in place. Now it functions flawlessly. Of course, it doesn’t lock back on an empty mag.
That’s one way to do it. If you shoot it a lot you might want to count rounds, if those “clicks” add up it will eventually break the firing pin somewhere around the 450 to 550 mark in my experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s one way to do it. If you shoot it a lot you might want to count rounds, if those “clicks” add up it will eventually break the firing pin somewhere around the 450 to 550 mark in my experience.
I count them. I’m still testing it, and may try to put in the slide stop from a 380 version. It has a shorter ejector. So far, everything ejects fine. I had one last-round stovepipe with 36 grain bulk ammo (Herter’s).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have had.my lcpii for some time and never really noticed this issue. That is because the darm thing went bang everytime. Recently i had some dud rounds and experienced this issue. Did ruger ever address it? Anyone have an update?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Show me an LCP II .22LR pistol that can manually eject a round with the magazine still inserted. Just one. Anyone?

Out of all the tens of thousands made, surely there must be ONE of them that can do it...
For some reason my snap caps eject just fine, the real ammo doesn’t. I guess using reliable ammo is the answer. Any SD gun will hiccup on you, more often than not the LCP 380. If you don’t hold them securely the muzzle flip will ween off the power for the slide to eject and reload and cause a stovepipe. That’s why I like the 22 because this is less of a problem. I guess if we have to pick the problems we my encounter and choose which ones we can live with. I would rather worry about the 22 feeding good CCI ammo than a 380 flipping on me and not being able to get off the second shot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Ec9s, great sexy slim CCW 9mm, yet the slide lock doesn’t release the slide. No biggy but sometimes Ruger overlooks certain functions, maybe for cost savings, or design issues. I guess there is never the perfect gun that everyone will like.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
A technique that worked for me is pull/hold the slide back and rotate the pistol and the round simply falls out of the chamber. Can't remember if I read about this here or in a YouTube video. Granted should not have to do this or drop the mag but you do the best you can under the circumstances.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I haven’t had the need to extract a dud with my LCPII other than in seeing if it would. The last time I tried, several hundred rounds ago it would fail to extract. I’ll try again, but so far have had really good experience.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Ec9s, great sexy slim CCW 9mm, yet the slide lock doesn’t release the slide. No biggy but sometimes Ruger overlooks certain functions, maybe for cost savings, or design issues. I guess there is never the perfect gun that everyone will like.
Slide lock isn't supposed to release slide on the EC or LC.Pull back the slide and if the mag is in with any ammo slide will cycle. Wish Ruger would make the LC380 in a striker fired with a safety and in pro version without safety.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took my LCP 22lr and Walther P22 to the range today. Not a single problem with either of them! My new firing pin on the LCP makes excellent strikes on the shells and with my green laser I was shooting 2 inch groups at 25 feet. Better than the Walther w/green fiber front sight!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts