Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked one up about 2-3 weeks ago. A buddy got one and was very impressed and since I needed a pocket gun I acquired one.

Finally got to the range today. I don't think I could be more impressed! Great trigger, good feel, accurate, carries easy and not one hiccup between me, my 12 year old granddaughter and my son. 100 Flawless rounds. Will do at least 100 more before I carry it.

Very nice and my first Ruger in about 20 years. Began buying them (lots of them) in 1973. Never had one I did not like and this new one is no exception.

:):D

·
Banned
650 Posts
Glad you got a nice pistol you enjoy. I shoot about the same number of rounds before I carry a pistol. Give us some feedback after you carry the LC9 pro for a week or two.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I agree about Ruger. There are three Companies that are my Favorites. Ruger and Marlin are tie for First place and S&W for Third Place. If I can buy it from these companies thats what I buy.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Midwayusa has the Ruger extended 9 shot magazine in stock and CDNN has the 7 round with the flat base and the finger rest. Both magazines are $29.99 plus shipping. I was curious about the availability of magazines for the LC9, so I did a gunwatcher search. Ruger wants $40 for a LC9 magazine.

I am in the process of buying a 9mm pocket pistol. Right now I am torn between the LC9s Pro and a G26. I will probably get a G26 because accessories are plentiful and cheap. I just bought front night sight and an adjustable rear sight for my G19 for $50 from Glock. The same sights will fit a G26. I do want to shoot a LC9s or a LC9s Pro before I buy a Glock.

The Glock is more expensive but you get 3 magazines with a G4 and everything else is inexpensive for a Glock. By the time I buy a couple holsters, and sights the Glock will be around the same price as a similarly equipped Ruger.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I had the Glock 26 until the LC9S came out. The 26 was traded striaght in for the LC9s. The LC9S is twice as comfortable to carry in and out of the pocket. A lot more.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The LC9s is definitely great on the hip or in the pocket!!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Love mine, had a few issues but Ruger CS was awesome. Mine doesn't like Remington UMC but that could just be the bulk batch we picked up from Walmart. Had Novak Night Sights put on and now it's one of my favorite EDC firearms.

·
Banned
650 Posts
What I am seeing is a lack of night sights for the LC9s that suit me. I do not like the 3 dot night sights. At night the rear sights are brighter and make it hard to focus on the front sight. I do have vision problems. The XS big dot sight would work if works with the stock rear sight. The XS rear sight does not have a notch, it is a V shaped sight. I prefer that all my pistols have the same type sight system. In a high pressure situation I am going to default to the Glock type sight which means I would ignore the V rear sight. Up close that would be fine and dandy but at just the length of 2 pick up trucks I would be spraying and praying.
XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Products - Handgun Sights

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
What I am seeing is a lack of night sights for the LC9s that suit me. I do not like the 3 dot night sights. At night the rear sights are brighter and make it hard to focus on the front sight. I do have vision problems. The XS big dot sight would work if works with the stock rear sight. The XS rear sight does not have a notch, it is a V shaped sight. I prefer that all my pistols have the same type sight system. In a high pressure situation I am going to default to the Glock type sight which means I would ignore the V rear sight. Up close that would be fine and dandy but at just the length of 2 pick up trucks I would be spraying and praying.
XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Products - Handgun Sights
I haven't noticed that on my set, In fact the front sight is slightly larger so with the sight picture, the 3 dots are equal in size and intensity

·
Banned
650 Posts
I haven't noticed that on my set, In fact the front sight is slightly larger so with the sight picture, the 3 dots are equal in size and intensity
You have normal vision. I can only make do with the eyes the Good Lord gave me. I am not the only one that has problems with 3 dot night sights. I was watching a James Yeager video. He complained of the same issue and desired a similar sight set up. James Yeager does come up with some off the wall stuff. But he has a lot of night sight experience.

I have two things working against me. I have lazy eye and a mild cataract. I would like to have lasik vision correction. My ophthalmologist says it would be in my best interest to wait a while. She is trying to correct the vision in my lazy eye enough that the lasik will give me decent vision in both eyes. She is making progress with my lazy eye. No other eye doctor has made any progress with my lazy eye I am very optimistic.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Hope your vision will be corrected sooner than later. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry to hear about your vision. I love mine. I put around 400 rounds through it and have not had a problem yet. In fact my wife liked it so much I think I lost my claim to it. I bought several mags from midway. They are all Italian made and function fine. It carries great in the cloak tuck 3.0 from alien gear. I haven't gotten the 9 round mags yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts