Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a couple of glasses of scotch the other night, I made an impulse buy on Gun Genie for an LCR .22 mag revolver. I've been wanting one, primarily because I am intrigued by the .22 wmr caliber, even though I prefer big bore guns.

Picked it up yesterday, and I have to say, it fits really nice in my largish hands, and is very compact to carry. I will take it to the range this weekend for a nice long range session, but expect it will be nice to shoot. Might even get the wife in on it.

The only negative so far, is that I would have liked it to be a 7 or 8 shot, like other .22 revolvers, but I can live with it. It will make for a nice BBQ carry piece. I'll report back after the range session. Here are some crappy cell phone pics for your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I bought one a few months ago, no alcohol involved. I like it, shoots well, easy to hide.
I think you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 22mag wheelgun and a 22 mag lever gun, just not sure what the 22 mag is good for, seems like either an overkill or underkill type caliber.

:confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats on the new LCR 22mag. I bought one a few weeks ago and really like it. It's an excellent carry in your pocket gun and can be used for anything from plinking to self defense. It's got some power behind it, I was surprised and it's pretty accurate for a short barrel revolver. the trigger takes a little getting use to, but it gets a lot better after about 100 rounds. My 9 and my 380 have had no range time since I bought the 22mag.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking revolver and in a great caliber! Congrats and enjoy it safely. What kind of holster will you use?
I got a cheapo Barsony IWB nylon holster. I might cut the clip off and just use it in the pocket, but it is pretty slim and comfortable when clipped inside the pants. If I get rid of it, I'll still need a decent IWB holster though, but not sure what to get. Unfortunately, I'm somewhat fat, so I'm not sure what would work for me. :)

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Nice. Congrats. That's my wifes 1st EDC and 1st handgun ever owned by her. What a great little gun in a very lethal caliber. 22 mag is a serious little round, although mostly designed as a hunting cartridge, its great for CCW for someone who cant take recoil. Ever see what a 22 mag does to critters? Very nasty. And the LCR 22 mag is an awesome trainer for a newbie. The DA trigger takes some training. But once the wife got used to it, she was very accurate @ 25 yards. I also installed a green fiber optic front sight , and her accuracy improved even more. That little green sight really " made" the revolver.
My wife loves her's. And even though she has now " graduated" to a CZ -2075D Rami, she stated that she would not get rid of the LCR 22 mag, and I wouldn't let her anyway. ;)

What a fantastic little gun. Your gonna love it. :D If Ruger makes that in a LCRX, Im buying me one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shot the LCR .22 wmr at the range yesterday. I didn't get a good feel for accuracy, due to the sort of rushed range trip, but the revolver was pleasant to shoot. DA trigger took some getting used to. My buddy hated it, but admittedly he prefers to shoot SA. After a couple of cylinders full, I seemed to have had it dialed in. That .22 wmr cartridge is no slouch either, but the LCR handled it well. Overall, happy with it. It is incredibly comfortable to carry iwb, too. Fits nice in my L/XL sized hands. I would feel moderately confident carrying it, but it's no .45 acp.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Bought one for my wife for recoil manageability & size. She loves it & I do too.
Trigger takes a bit of getting used to, but very little can be done to alter. I'm told this is due to the nature of rimfire ammo & both spring's need to be heavier.
On more than one occasion at the range it'll raise eyebrows from neighboring shooters. They wonder what's making the "big bang", they look over & see a little revolver.
Surprised is an understatement from their reaction.
I may buy another for myself for when I'm outside doing yard work, but I currently carry an LC9s & it's very comfortable for me.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it. More stopping power than my 25acp.

DA does take some getting used to. But if you put enough rounds through it the fell becomes second nature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts