Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though a .22 revolver was not my top priority, one of our local gun shops is closing down and practically giving them away. I just couldn't resist.

Unfortunately here in the Republik of Kalifornia, I can't pick it up for 10 days. But they let me hold it and it sure felt nice in my hand.

:D

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pick it up on the 22nd. I put LCR in my signature because I am so excited (I don't have another one yet). I very well may pick up either the 38 or 357 to complement my S&W model 36.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I pick it up on Monday. It hasn't even been a week yet and feels like an eternity.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked up the LCR-22 yesterday and took it straight to the range. Between a buddy and me, we put a couple hundred rounds through it.

I don't have any pictures yet, but this gun is beautiful. The hogue grips fit perfectly in my hand. Everything about the gun is top notch, from the cylinder release to the nice fit and click when you push the cylinder back in. The trigger is a little heavy but really nice and smooth. If I shot slowly I had no issue keeping all 8 shots in about an 8 inch circle at 7 yards. Even on rapid fire, I am pleased to report that every shot stayed within the silhouette target.

One thing that I was not expecting was the amount of smoke and muzzle flash from the lowly little .22 HP.

I will get a lot of joy from this gun.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does yours have the newer black finish cylinder? It's called Ionbond DiamondBlack. Someone besides Ruger makes the coating. I wasn't sure I'd like it as well as the Target Grey, but it has held up well through cleaning so far.
It looks grey to me. I wasn't aware they changed it and haven't seen any with black here in CA.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I just put down a deposit on a 357 KLCR. Have to wait until the 12th to start the CA background check and 10 day waiting period. I'm excited.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Obviously this will prevent you from going on a spree with that sweet 22LR Revolver.

Congrats.
I am so happy that my government protects me from criminals by requiring me to wait 10 days to buy a handgun. :D

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of the LCR-22 myself for a very concealable carry. 8 rounds. Yeah, it's .22 caliber but it makes noise and hurts when it hits. I'd rather scare the bad guy off then make him bleed all over my carpet. Thoughts on the LCR-22 for self-protection?
My opinion differs from many here. While a .22 would not be my first choice, I have no issue with 8 .22 stingers as my self defense weapon. If you can place them well you can stop a threat.

edit....Jeff Quinn has a very nice review of the LCR here: http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR3.htm

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just ordered one yesterday, it will arrived at the LGS on Tuesday, then I will fill out the paperwork, and then I will have to wait 10 days! Republik of Kalifornia, now with a Super Majority in the legislature, here come all the moronic anti-gun laws!

Stay safe,
Norm
Good buy. As I said a few messages above, I put a deposit down on a 357 LCR on Tuesday. I fill out the paperwork on Monday and then start my 10 day waiting period. Should be picking it up Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait to get both guns to the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.