1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I read that whole article, thinking Jeff would hint to some new chamberings for the LCR. We all are hoping for a 22 WMR LCR, maybe a longer barrel, or Double Action. I am hoping for a 9mm LCR. I installed a Crimson Trace LaserGrip on my LCR-22 because my wife really likes the little pea shooter version, and has trouble with the sights. She and I went to the range today, and after adjusting a little bit for a 7 yard point of impact, had the laser perfectly set. I was easily busting the center red dots out of reactive color targets. Trigger control is critical with the LCR, and once mastered, the .22 version is extremely accurate. We had a lot of cheap fun and went thru 2 bricks of ammo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I definitely want to see the LCR in .22 Magnum. A longer barrel option would be interesting for the .22 LR and (possible) .22 magnum models, but Ruger would probably be tempted to go with a 4.2" barrel for Canadian sales, which could make it more difficult to carry. A 3" with good sights would be a solid seller, I think. The world needs an affordable, rugged, lightweight rimfire that is useful in the field.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Lcr

I read that whole article, thinking Jeff would hint to some new chamberings for the LCR. We all are hoping for a 22 WMR LCR, maybe a longer barrel, or Double Action. I am hoping for a 9mm LCR. I installed a Crimson Trace LaserGrip on my LCR-22 because my wife really likes the little pea shooter version, and has trouble with the sights. She and I went to the range today, and after adjusting a little bit for a 7 yard point of impact, had the laser perfectly set. I was easily busting the center red dots out of reactive color targets. Trigger control is critical with the LCR, and once mastered, the .22 version is extremely accurate. We had a lot of cheap fun and went thru 2 bricks of ammo.
:confused:Does anyone know why one LCR is made for .38+P, and a different model LCR is made for .357. Why not just market the .357 ?? Are the 2 guns on different frames ??:D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I never put much stock in gun mag reviews. Most writers are very careful in what they criticize, so they can keep getting free guns to test. In the case of the LCR, I think Quinn did it honest, though. Great gun.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
gun review

:
I never put much stock in gun mag reviews. Most writers are very careful in what they criticize, so they can keep getting free guns to test. In the case of the LCR, I think Quinn did it honest, though. Great gun.
:)Spot on. If you ever want to read anything about Taurus or Charter Arms revolvers, it seems that Gun World is the only mag. that does them:D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
:confused:Does anyone know why one LCR is made for .38+P, and a different model LCR is made for .357. Why not just market the .357 ?? Are the 2 guns on different frames ??:D
The .38 has an aluminum frame, with a shorter cylinder window. The .357 requires its stronger stainless steel cylinder frame, which also adds, IIRC, 2.6 ounces weight over the .38 model.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Lcr

The .38 has an aluminum frame, with a shorter cylinder window. The .357 requires its stronger stainless steel cylinder frame, which also adds, IIRC, 2.6 ounces weight over the .38 model.
Interesting. An example of Ruger designing and manufacturing the LCR to "specific consumer needs", in lieu a "catch-all" design.:)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Not exactly, or they would have shortened the cylinder and frame for the LCR-22.
No manufactures shorten the cyclinder and frame to 22lr minimum specs on their revolvers.
The result would look ridiculous and would not be aesthetically pleasing.
It's a non-starter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a non-starter. Just because it normally isn't done doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. They made the cylinder longer for a longer cartridge, so why not shorten it for a short cartridge? Why should the gun be longer than it needs to be?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I would have preferred that Ruger made all the LCRs with a stainless cylinder frame. Stainless is more durable, and the weight penalty isn't enough to worry about.

If Ruger had made a snub .22 SP-101, instead of the longer barrel with the humongous sight, I'd maybe have a pair of SPs instead of LCRs.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Did you ever put an xs sight on your LCR? I think you were going to?
I have had three LCRs, one LCR 38 came from the factory with a XS sight and it tends to shoot low.
I tried putting a XS sight on a LCR 22 and it shot so low that you could not even see the target when shooting you had to aim so high. Went back to the stock sight.
Rugers site says the optional sights won't work on the LCR 22 because they will shoot low...they are right in that statement. It seems that both the XS and Hi Viz sights are all higher than the stock sights on all the LCR models which account for the low shooting problem.
I would just stay with the stock front sight and maybe put some paint on the front sight to make it more visible till somone comes out with a optional sight which match the stock sight in height.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts