Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this and thought Id post it. I like the LaserMAX lasers on my LCP and LC9, might have to get one for my LCR. I do have a Crimson Trace for my LCR but might try this also, as I have the 22 and 357 LCRs. This will allow the use of the Hogue Tamer grip, or Hogue Boot Grip. I found a model number of 5415, but this doesnt show on Rugers websight. You heard it here first ! So far, its the 38+P model. Oh... one more comment. These are for sale already, so this isnt a picture of a prototype.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
That should be an improvement over the hard CT grips, which most here don't seem to like. I do wonder how all that will holster. Is there anything out that will work, or do we wait like we did on regular LCR holsters?

( For those who don't know, Ruger made the trigger guard just enough larger that LCRs won't fit many J-frame holsters. )

·
Registered
449 Posts
Interesting. I like having the laser directly under the barrel rather than off to the side. It works very well on my SR22. But I also like the automatic on feature of the CT grip since you don't have to remember to turn it on in the heat of the moment. Just squeeze the grip. As Bearcatter said, holsters could be a problem.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You have to flick the switch on the side of the unit with your finger first to activate the laser before you shoot. Feel confident you can do that in a life or death moment of anxiety? I sure don't. Plus, it enlarges the profile of the gun, making it more difficult to match with a holster, and less concealable.

If I'm going with a laser, the CT is the only sensible option for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I both have Ruger LCR 38 specials. Hers has the Lasermax grip and it is great for her small hands. I found that the Lasermax button falls right in the crease of my finger on my right hand and makes it a bit more cumbersome to properly grip the gun properly while activating the laser. I have very large hands and the Lasermax grip just doesn't fit right. I elected to get the stock LCR with the thicker grip and installed the Lasermax laser. It works much better for me.

My wife took her LCR to the range today to qualify for her concealed carry permit and boy was everyone impressed with her gun and how accurate it is. She hit 30 out of 30.

Whichever laser you use this gun is AWESOME!!! Much better than my older Beretta.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered but not received yet a LCR 22 with the Laser Max Laser. #5416 I believe that it's a TALO Edition Exclusive only.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That should be an improvement over the hard CT grips, which most here don't seem to like. I do wonder how all that will holster. Is there anything out that will work, or do we wait like we did on regular LCR holsters?

( For those who don't know, Ruger made the trigger guard just enough larger that LCRs won't fit many J-frame holsters. )
I agree with BC. It's hard enough to find a good holster for the LCR, but when you change the profile with the Lasermax you're pretty much relegated to a pocket holster at this time. Personally, I'm not a big fan of under the barrel lasers with the exception of the ones that replace the guide rods on some pistols. When i bought my Sig 238 it came with a laser. I tried it out when I first got it, but it's been sitting in the safe since then. I just don't understand taking a nice compact handgun and adding bulk to it, especially when the reaason i bought it in the first place was because it Was compact. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I could use that if I pocket carry but more and more I am open carrying. It will not work with my Bianchi OWB holster.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have not had any issues with the CT grips on my SP 101 do they use different matierial? I'm trying to convince the wife she needs an LCR.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a lasermax for my lcr .357 magnum about a week ago and it's cool as hell. Haven't been to the range with my lcr since receiving the laser but it looks totally badass. Still fits perfectly in the same Remora holster I got for the gun before adding the laser. The switch lines up with the tip of my finger and that's where I index my trigger finger before I decide to press the trigger anyway. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dang. I read these forums a few times a week, and I just stumbled onto this new laser. Well New last winter I guess. This is perfect for the klcr. I don't know if I'd want to shoot full .357 with CT grips, tamers beat the hell out of my hands as is.

My buddy makes kydex holsters, so holsters are not an issue.

What's a good deal on one of these lasers? Just a quick google search had 85 bucks on amazon. About a hundred at some other random site. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

·
Banned
586 Posts
I had the Lasermax on my pistol but never fired a shot with it on.

Went back to the standard KLCR with tritium front sight, and my
SHTF IWB.

I think $85 from Amazon is a good price though. I paid a bit more
for the same Centerfire laser from Lasermax.

Holsters are easy to find for the Lasermax if you search a little bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts