Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Very cool, except it is not California or MA approved.
Figures :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
So how is the .327 compared to the .38?
I've had the LCR/LCRX in 38. Currently have the LCR22 and was thinking about gettin another centerfire wheel gun. Six shots would be nice.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The .327 sounds good, but ammo availability, or the lack thereof, will keep me from ever owning one.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
The .327 sounds good, but ammo availability, or the lack thereof, will keep me from ever owning one.
I guess that ammo availability was the first thing that came to mind. Second question is will it be unpleasant to shoot?

Otherwise, a six shot revolver in that market could be a big winner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So how is the .327 compared to the .38?
I've had the LCR/LCRX in 38. Currently have the LCR22 and was thinking about gettin another centerfire wheel gun. Six shots would be nice.
I've not shot the LCR 38, but I had a Taurus snubbie in 327. Recoil was sharp, but it was the muzzle blast that led me to get rid of it. That, and the fireballs.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I've not shot the LCR 38, but I had a Taurus snubbie in 327. Recoil was sharp, but it was the muzzle blast that led me to get rid of it. That, and the fireballs.
YUP. I have a Blackhawk and a Sp101. Not much recoil on the big heavy Blackhawk, But the SP101 is a handful on full loads. And there is NO such thing as shooting this cartridge without full hearing protection. I wouldn't even wanna have to in a SD situation. " Excuse me MR. Bad guy, and hold still while I install my ear plugs". :D But I'm certain it would drop anyone in their tracks. Its a very nasty round for sure.

I think I'll pass on this one. But I'm sure it will make a few happy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That sounds like a great revolver. I wish I never sold my LCR 38. Great gun, I think if ammo isn't an issue this would be a great gun to carry.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well it's on my short list. Ammo is getting easier and easier to find, even though I load my own. with the release of 3 new 327 fed revolvers from Ruger lately Ammo will soon be available everywhere.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've not had any problem finding .327 ammo for at least the past two or three years; there's 4 shops within a half-hour of me, and at least two will have it on the shelf at any given time. I've found it easy to get online, as well; LuckyGunner seems to always have it in stock, for example.

Reloading it is easy & economical, also; StarLine periodically makes a run of brass for it, in addition to Federal.

As others have posted, I'd expect it to be loud, and the recoil to be comparable to the .38, but sharper.

It does have the advantage of being able to use .32 H&R Magnum as well as many other .32 cartridges; if the full-house .327 loads are objectionable, one could go down a notch to .32 H&R, which (imho) is still a good SD round.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll continue to wait for the SR45c. It looks like .45 auto ammo is cheaper.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not having much of a problem finding 327 ammo. Just for plinking though I'm shooting 32's, even easier to find. Wish the h&r mags weren't so expensive fun to shoot also.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
FINALLY !! EXCELLENT. The 327 in a small, 6 shot revolver, is an excellent platform. I have a 2" Taurus 327, and a 7.5" Single Seven. The 327 is an excellent cartridge, and allows the 32 H&R Magnum, and the 32 S&W cartridges to be fired also. This allows people who cannot handle heavy recoiling weapons an alternative. 327 is a very powerful round, 32 H&R Magnum is decent, and 32 S&W is a breeze to shoot. Many of us have been asking for this exact revolver, a 6 shot 327 Federal Magnum LCR. Thank you Ruger, put me down for 2 please !

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
And you're surprised?
Nothing the liberal gun grabbing fruits and nuts do surprises me anymore.
Kevin DeLeon of ghost gun rapid fire fame is now proposing to dig up the flood control concrete in the L.A. River (L.A. trickle) and restore it back to it's natural state. :confused:
I can't think of a better use for the millions of dollars it will cost -- can you? ,,, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
The LCR in .327 is, practically speaking, not a .327. It's a .32H&R that can handle .327. Most people are not going to want to deal with the increased muzzle blast and recoil over .38s and 9mms. If you run .38s in your .357 snub, you will want .32H&Rs in your .327.

My informal shooting of watermelons with a .32H&R snub using Georgia Arm's hot load makes .32H&R look like more than a .38 and almost a 9mm. Full-house .327 is clearly more than 9mm. It's more like the 125gr .357. .327 really is a magnum!

Ammo is plentiful and easy to order. Getting .327 ammo has never been a problem, even during times when 9mm, .38, etc was impossible to find. Georgia Arms has a hot .32H&R load for the snubs and will send you all you want!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I think this is the first enclosed hammer, DAO 327 FM revolver. It will make an excellent pocket revolver. Looking at the weight spec on the product page, it appears to have the stainless frame, same as the 9mm and 357. Many people will comment that in a 2" barrel, 327 FM has performance similar to 38 Special, and that is true, but there are no 6 shot 38 Special revolvers with enclosed hammers on a small frame. IMHO, when dealing with a revolver, capacity is very important. That 6th round could make the difference. I have been searching for small frame, 6 shot defensive revolvers, and they are rare. I have one each, small frame 6 shot revolver, in 327 FM, 38 Special, 9MM and 357.

My wife, like many older people, has strength issues in her hands and wrists, and can't control a heavy recoiling handgun. An autoloader is out, because she cant rack the slide. She prefers a revolver, but a lightweight 38 Special is too much for her. She has shot my Taurus 327 FM and wasn't thrilled with 327 FM in it, but 32 H&R was controllable. She actually liked that ammo. The ability to download a 327 FM revolver with 32 H&R, or even 32 S&W, makes it a very versatile combination.

Some people comment that ammo availability is an issue. I have been able to find 327FM and 32 H&R locally. Its out there, sometimes you just have to look. One of my LGS had it mixed in with 357. 327 is cheaper than 32 H&R. 327 is very available from online sources, and is about the same price as 357.

Im very excited about the new LCR-327. I have been a fan of the cartridge since I discovered it several years ago. It offers advantages over every cartridge in its class. Having a current production defensive revolver(LCR) in 327 will allow me to carry a lightweight, powerful, 6 shot enclosed hammer revolver, and not worry that I'm carrying a revolver that has collector value.

The introduction of the LCR 327 will help the popularity of the cartridge. A small, light revolver with 6 shots in a powerful cartridge, with enclosed hammer is perfect, as far as I am concerned.

Ruger... Thank you for listening to the people who have asked for this combination. Now, we ask for the 3" LCRx in 327 FM. That would be another home run.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts