Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
If I did this right here is a pic of a fireball coming out of mine this spring, yea I think you will like it

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have been lusting after just that sixer for about 9 months now. Best price I have seen was $699.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
They retail for $870, I'd expect a good LGS price to be ~80%, $690. $600 is a great price new and not bad for used. I wonder if Lipseys has more in stock? Moot point for me, I bought one locally last month.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@P89DC - lovely pair of guns

I went to my LGS today and picked it up. Tomorrow I'll give it a mild workout.

20150911_165459.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took my new acquisition for a spin today. I mostly shot lighter target loads to get it zeroed in. Out of the box it shot high by 5"at 10 yards.

The gun is very accurate at that distance. I'll try it farther next time out.

I also shot some reasonably hot loads too. I wore a glove although it may not have been necessary. But with the glove it was quite comfortable. I did not have any issues with the trigger guard hitting my finger.

It's hard not to like this gun.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Who
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new .44. That should be a great shooing six-gun.
Sounds like you are having a good time with your new gun. I've found the Bisley style grips handle recoil better than the standard grip if I'm shooting heavy loads.

Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts