Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This rifle has been showing its age for quite some time, so I gave it some attention. Could have went the laser, trigger group, barrel, nylon stock, route but chose this way instead. The TechSights are a nice, well made product with easy install. The stock from EABCO is finished nicely. I do like the sling swivel being on the barrel band instead of the stock. True drop-in swap, no Dremel work. The sling/oiler are a nice reproduction. This old 10/22 is now ready to give me another 30yrs of service.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Looks great.
What was the original vintage?

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
That's a nice looking conversion. Everything about it looks "right".

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! It's an early eightys model. Nothing rare, but special to me. It has been my loaner gun for years. It's been used by many family members and friends as the first gun they have shot. The new hand guard does cover a few nasty gouges on top of the barrel. (darn concrete shooting bench) Throughout this rifles tough life, it still shoots great groups and functions perfect. It's a keeper.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Thanks guys! It's an early eightys model. Nothing rare, but special to me. It has been my loaner gun for years. It's been used by many family members and friends as the first gun they have shot. The new hand guard does cover a few nasty gouges on top of the barrel. (darn concrete shooting bench) Throughout this rifles tough life, it still shoots great groups and functions perfect. It's a keeper.
You can "loan" it to me.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts