Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I put Cerakote on my Bisley. It is much more of an "all weather" trail gun now. No more rust, fingerprints, fouling is easier to clean off, and Cerakote is much harder to put a scratch in than a blued gun. The barrel and chambers will still have to be attended to if I get the gun wet, but nice to know all internal parts are well protected from corrosion as well as wear.
I first did the whole gun in "Sniper Grey" Cerakote, all but the hammer. The hammer had been jeweled on the sides, and I hated to undo that. But the revolver looked too "ultilitarian" being all matte dark grey, and the jeweled hammer looked out of place. So yesterday I re-blasted the trigger, hammer, cylinder, ejector rod housing, and the knurled end part of my Belt Mtn base pin, in a Burnt Bronze Cerakote to give it some contrast.
I just got it put back together, and it will be dark out for a couple more hours, so excuse the dining room table pics. Later on I'll take some more pics outside where the light will show off the colors better.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Interesting look for that kind of gun, to be sure. Not sure I'll be doing the same to any of our Bisleys, but I can definitely see the advantage of such a coating for practical purposes. Enjoy.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice contrast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts