Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have become very fond of this new Ruger Blackhawk Flat Top .44 Special:

It has become my constant companion as my daily carry gun. Doesn't look too much different from current Blackhawks, but Oh, so different in the hand. Has pretty much the same feel as a Colt New Frontier, maybe a tad better. Catch myself yearning for a 7 1/2" barreled model!

And, just for bunkum:

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Real antler grips? Very nice!
Both are elk antler. The Colt grips are by Pat Grashorn, don't know about the maker of the grips on the Ruger.

Bought a Vaquero with the stag grips on it; replaced those with the black plastic and sold it, then bought this Flat Top and put the stags on it.

Bob Wright

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Very nice mate.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Nice gun Bob! I want a 44 spl 5 shot DA with a 3" barrel. I am not happy with the idea of putting a new barrel on a charter but I will find something worthy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had the Bisley model but could not get used to it. Sold it and got the original grip with a 5.5" bbl. Now it's my favorite gun.

Just to pimp OldCrow here's one of my favorite carry guns. Rossi M720 .44 SPL in Stainless and 3" bbl.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
That's a gorgeous pair Bob!

Pretty easy to swap in a SBH 7 1/2" barrel. Same thread size.

Then you'd have an excuse to get a 7 1/2" NF Colt to make another pair!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a gorgeous pair Bob!

Pretty easy to swap in a SBH 7 1/2" barrel. Same thread size.

Then you'd have an excuse to get a 7 1/2" NF Colt to make another pair!!
Well, Hondo, I'm part way there:

Unfortunately, having to put in a new furnace has sort of put my gun projects on a back burner.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Nice gun Bob! I want a 44 spl 5 shot DA with a 3" barrel. I am not happy with the idea of putting a new barrel on a charter but I will find something worthy.

I'm real happy with my Taurus 431. It's the blue, fixed-sight 3" version.

Just a thought.

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts