Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in .270...

has replaced my Remington 7400 semi-auto in .270...

Range report and pictures to follow soon...:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
You made a fantastic choice! As you know I'm quite fond of my M77 in .270 Win. Mine has been with me for over 30 years and I'm planning on at least 40 years more. (hey, a guy has to be optomistic:D)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mounted my Bushnell 4-12 X 40 on it at the dealers and bore-sighted it... I hope it is "dead-on" 1.8" at 85 yards... That's what my calculations say will give me ±1.5" out to 257 yards, the MPBR for my 130 grain soft-points... [8D]

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Great gun! I have one in 30/06, my wife one in .308. They are great guns, with a little trigger work.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it out last night... Started breaking it in... Shoot,clean,shoot,clean,ect... eight rounds... so far, so good...

·
Registered
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Took it out last night... Started breaking it in... Shoot,clean,shoot,clean,ect... eight rounds... so far, so good...
Where is the photo of those targets? Eight rounds out of a .270 M77 should be able to be covered with a quarter:D

Seriously, how do you like the feel of it so far? I think it's one of the best balanced and accurate rifles out there.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love it... what can I say, It's a Ruger... I got the last four on paper... shoot, clean, shoot, clean, ect. It's a long break-in, but I think I'll have a "tack driver" when I'm done... and I'll probably "slick" up the trigger this weekend... I love the bolt... It look's like it was patterned after the M1-Abrhams Tank breech... :D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Nice rifle - you did good!

·
Registered
557 Posts

I mounted my Bushnell 4-12 X 40 on it at the dealers and bore-sighted it... I hope it is "dead-on" 1.8" at 85 yards... That's what my calculations say will give me ±1.5" out to 257 yards, the MPBR for my 130 grain soft-points... [8D]
Did you use the factory rings?

·
Registered
557 Posts

Yes I did use the factory rings...
Great! How do you like them?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are great! Very smart design... I imagine that you could remove the ring mounts with the scope still attached, and when you put them back on the scope would be still zeroed... not that I am going to test it, but you know what I mean...

·
Registered
557 Posts

They are great! Very smart design... I imagine that you could remove the ring mounts with the scope still attached, and when you put them back on the scope would be still zeroed... not that I am going to test it, but you know what I mean...
I was wondering about that same thing. so I tried it on my 22-25. I put it on and took it off several times, then shot it it's close but not exact.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well tonight I dove in to the action... polished the sear and trigger, zero creep and breaks like glass... it droped pull from 8-9 to 4-5. Much better pull now... To the range this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts