Ruger Forum banner

New Marlin Trapper 1895

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  THinckley 
#1 ·
#16 ·
Now if only they'll start making 1894's in .45 Colt.
Bingo...that's where I'm at...if not in .454 Casull and that'd shoot a .45 Colt as well!
I've been looking at the Winchester's in .45 Colt, but haven't pulled the trigger yet!

Reactions: DaddyO66
#8 ·
I got the SBL over a year ago, the shop wasn’t actually supposed to sell it yet, they just had it as a display but they saw dollar signs. I won’t say what I paid for it, but I will say I may have been the first private owner of one outside of youtube channels. It shoots fantastic, these marlins outperform Remlins in every aspect, and even I dare say JMs in many ways. The scope is just something I threw on for fun, haven’t shot it with the scope yet but I doubt I keep it on there.
Gun accessory Musical instrument Air gun Everyday carry Composite material

#9 ·
@sharpblade ... My brother won a single shot Stevens in a 10 gauge one time ....... That's It .... One Time !!!!! LMFAO 🤣😆 ... That S.O.B .... Broke my glasses in half ... Knocked me over and twisted my wrist so bad that I couldn't use it for a few days .... Sorry for the side track on your thread

#14 ·
Very nice!!
I got one a little over a month ago and have been messin around with it quite a bit, I think you’ll enjoy it
I roll my own but I did give the HSM Bear Buster load a try just for fun, most folks probably wouldn’t call the Bear Buster experience fun 🤣
Have fun with it looking foreword to a report down the road

#17 ·
Very nice looking lever-action rifle...in .45-70 no less!
I like the fact that it has a 'larger' loop on it, but it's not the oversized 'BIG' loop!
Congrats!!!

Reactions: sandog
#18 ·
I was fully expecting to see an 1895 CBA when I saw the title "New Marlin Trapper 1895".
Like these:

So the Trapper is a more compact SBL, with a slightly different rear sight and lever ?

I can see the practicality of stainless and grey laminate, I have some of those myself.
I'm really feeling my age though.
I can't get over how much more appealing, to me anyway, the levers made with blued steel and American black Walnut were/are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.