Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello, I am new to the site and cant wait to read over all the info on here as it appears to offer me many hours of reading pleasure!
I have inherited a Ruger "Blackhawk" BKH36 .357 Magnum and am curious as to what it may be worth to a collector or whomever. The gun has never been fired and is still in the box it was purchased in. The S/N appears to be 65XXX so I am not certain on how old the gun is, but once again, it has never been fired. if anyone can offer up some advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

· Registered
6,450 Posts
Welcome from North Dakota. I cannot answer your question, but there's plenty of knowlegable Ruger single action experts on this forum that will help.

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Texan in H-town...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me explain that I am not "selling" my gun, just curious as to what I my have inherited and its worth. Not trying to break any rules, just looking for knowledge...

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Let me explain that I am not "selling" my gun, just curious as to what I my have inherited and its worth. Not trying to break any rules, just looking for knowledge...
pk,Thank you for the clarification.We do not allow open forum selling on RF.net. Your best way to get the info your looking for is to post this question in the Ruger Pistol "Single Action" forum with some pictures.Good Luck...

· Registered
3,129 Posts
Welcome to the forum from mid-coast Maine. The Ruger website can tell you what year your firearm was manufactured by serial number. Go to their instruction manuals & product history section and click on your model number. As to value, surely someone here will give you their guess.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
Welome from Colorado.

· Registered
17,835 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

· Registered
824 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...
The blue book of gun value is a good resource for determining gun value. It's a rather expensive publication. As a suggestion, the next time you happen by the local gun shop drop in and see if they have a copy, most do...and if they are nice guys which most are they'll let you thumb through it...

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.