Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - long time guest on this site and I finally made the Ruger plunge and got a new 3" GP-100 in stainless steel at my local gun shop, who just happened to have it in stock :D. The comments on this site about the 3" model maybe being discontinued got me off the fence!

30+ years ago, I first got into the Ruger world with a 4" stainless Security Six which (stop me if you've heard this before) I really wish I hadn't sold.

I haven't taken my new GP to the range yet I first want to disassemble it (field strip only) and check it and clean up any excess oil. That will probably be today's project.

Look forward to posting with the fine members of this site.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Retro1, welcome, and good to hear you have picked up one of the great GP100s. I bet you'll like it. Give us a report on your range visit when you get the chance.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Retro1,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your welcome messages, I really appreciate it. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and people are very willing to share it. I am a relative beginner, however I will kick in my 2c worth when I do get to the range and try it out.

I had shoulder surgery about 2 years ago and it still is kind of weak so I am going to have to take it easy for awhile and build up gradually. 38's only for now. I will work up to the 357 loads as I gain strength and confidence [8D]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Retro,
Please accept my apology for not saying welcome. I'm a new member, myself, and still sorts green behind the ears.

Anywy, A BIG HEARTY WELCOME FROM ARKANSAS. I know you'll love this site. These are fine folks on here!

Gid

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wish you a pleasant stay here. We can learn a lot from the "old bunch"!
Take it easy on the disassembly of your GP100! Can you tell us afterwards about the take-down? Was it easy or a bit difficult?
A warm welcome from far away!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.