Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all the great Ruger people here, found this sight last week or so. I belong to the other Ruger forum, the dot com one and there are lots of good Ruger people there also.

I've been a Ruger fan since my Dad taught me to shoot the 10/22 and the Black Hawk in 357 mag. when I was 8 or 9 years old. I'm 48 now and both the wife and I are disabled veterans, she's a former Marine and I'd be da Navy guy. It's Semper Away or Anchors Fi in this house.

We both love doing gunsmith tinkering and she's collecting old Colt's with a 1917 made 1911 45 acp, and a Colt 1903 pocket pistol in 32 acp. Myself, I have a Ruger P85 MKII 9mm, a PC9 Carbine, a MKII "NRA" edition 22lr. and I just love my "Cleaned" Ruger P345 45 acp. She only has problems with cheap Wolf ammo at times but when I use good quality brass ammo she has never failed me.

I also enjoy building and shooting AR 15's and AK's and I am starting to get back into reloading for .223 Rem., .45 acp and 9mm. There are a few more Rugers I want to add to the collection like a SP101, P95, P90, and a few more wheel guns when the funds permit it.

Ruger people are the nicest people to own a firearms!

Robert
N.R.A. Life Member

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Welcome sir. Most of us are on both forums too. Glad to have you aboard! Your wife has a real expensive habit! But a dang good one. I wish I could afford a few of those old Colts, but then the Ruger gals would get upset I guess.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gringle84

Ruger people are the nicest people to own a firearms!

Robert
N.R.A. Life Member
Right on to that,
and Welcome from Connecticut and would love to hear a little more about your cleaned P345
peace

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome from another old salt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

Jimbo1096, You got that right, this wife is a keeper!

Peace, The "Cleaned" P345 was done just by following the instructions from this and that other Ruger board. After I first got the P345 last year and shot it a few times it was shooting about 1 1/2" to 2" low after using a pistol rest to make sure. I called Ruger and they sent a new rear sight and before I installed it I "cleaned" the (2) two offending parts and put them in my parts box, installed the new sight and range tested it. She goes bang with and without a magazine now, which is how I like my firearms. The last 350 rounds I ran through her were Speer Lawman 230 grs. with zero problems. She will hiccup with cheap ammo like Wolf and I will only use the cheap stuff for range work but I always run good quality ammo right after the cheap stuff and she runs fine.

With Wolf steel case ammo, sometimes it will fail to close the slide completely and I'll thumb the slide closed but when I change to good quality brass ammo the problems don't happen. Wolf does the same to my Walther PPK at times but when I go back to quality brass the problem goes away.

Robert

1 - 18 of 18 Posts