Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became a member while gathering info on my latest handgun purchase. I have several handguns, including a Mark II bull barrel I purchased new in 1985. I have always been a fan of Ruger and the way they conduct business. I started looking for a CCW about a year ago and I had convinced myself I wanted a Bodyguard 380. My fiance was also looking, so I suggested she purchase the S&W. She did and we spent a few hours at the range with it. She still likes it, but I'm very grateful she owns it, not me. I do not like anything about it. So, I began the search again. When I first picked up the LC 9, I couldn't get over how great it felt compared to other firearms it's size. I read all pro's and con's about the LC9, but decided to order one anyway. While waiting for it to ship, I began looking at the mods to "correct" issues other owners were having. I had already mentally prepared myself to not be completely satisfied with it unmodified. If I could have ordered a trigger kit without sending the parts in, I would have. Well, I've put about 500 rounds through mine and I absolutely will not modify the trigger in any way. Sure, it is long and doesn't compare favorably to my larger autos, but it is smooth and predictable. I will change the guide rod, but that's a purely cosmetic mod for me. I can tell when my fiance fires it, she likes it better than her Bodyguard.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! enjoy the forum and your rugers!!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Welcome from the other end of NC. Good to hear you are happy with the LC9. I am looking for a 9 a little smaller. I wish Ruger would make one somewhere in the middle between the LC9 and LCP. I like the Sig p290 but the price is a bit steep.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from West Virginia

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome from Dunn,N.C.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana....

·
Registered
463 Posts
A warm welcome from Florida, enjoy the forum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.