Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just dropping in to introduce myself. I live in beautiful Jackson, Mississippi and I love my Rugers. In my collection, I currently own a Ruger Mark II and a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Hunter, along with several other various long-guns and one S&W revolver.

I'm considering buying a Ruger revolver, because of all the revolvers I've looked at I think they're the best-looking and, of course, you can't beat Ruger machining for the cost in my (very limited) experience. Any recommendations? I'll mostly be using it as a sidearm when I go hunting or camping, so it would need to have decent stopping power. I've been leaning towards a .45 colt, but I'm not wholly particular.

In any case, I'm glad to be here. If anybody is near Jackson, look me up sometime, we'll go plink some targets! [8D]

Cordially,
Jason K. Crane

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome Aboard! Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. Since you already have the .22's, I think a .44Mag or.45LC either would be an excellent choice in a revolver. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome! As far as handgun choice, You can make a post in the handgun forums and get some definate opinions for sure as to caliber, da or sa revolver, etc. Just depends on what you like and what you think you are gonna need it for--hunting, defense, target or all of the above. Handloading, barrel length, finish---all comes into play.

I do like the 45 colt!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Jason!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, and big thanks to KP97DC and deputy125 for the advice; I'll drop into that section of the forum soon as I head towards making the decision for my next handgun!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.