Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the forum this morning and inadvertently violated one of the rules right away. I am sorry for that transgression. I didn’t set out to violate it, but just got a little excited and carried away.

That being said, a little background. my father was a LEO for the City of Tulsa. When he retired, he went on to head the security at the city’s second larges bank. As such, he always had several guns in the house ranging from his snub nose 38 to a shot barrel 20 gauge shotgun. None of the firearms were for hunting, they were all for protection.

During the 18 years I lived in that house, he never once tried to teach me anything about firearms or firearm safety. My brother became a LEO when he left the Air Force. He was raised by my stepfather, so was also a LEO and he did teach my brother about firearms. Fast forward 38 years to 2008. That was the year of the Presidential Election that scared everyone into thinking that guns were going to disappear and that you wouldn’t be able to buy ammo.

My wife became concerned, seeing in her mind the uncontrolled crime that was sure to certain us. We need a couple of handguns was what she said one day out of the blue. Never mind that until then she was frightened of guns and that fir 38 years we never had any type of firearm in the house.

That day we purchase two Sig Sauer handguns and signed up for an NRA one on one gun safety class and a CCW class. Since that time ur collection grew to four Sig Sauer handguns and a Remington 870 tactical shotgun. We have close to 2000 rounds sitting on the shelf for when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs.

Last Saturday, she again out of the blue, said she wanted a Ruger American 9mm. Our son in law carries one, and unbeknown to me, she had handled it and dry firedit and fell in love with it. So I hound two out of an Ohio sporting goods store and took delivery yesterday from our local FFL. we added Crimeon Trace rail masters to both and will likely hit the range next Saturday.

im looking to sell out two original Sig’s since we neither one like them and will likely never shoot them again. One is a 40 S&W the other is a 9. Since we won’t have a 40 S&W in the house anymore, I have little need of 600 rounds of 40 S&W ammo. That’s what got me in hot water this morning. I was inquiring about the best way to sell or trade the ammo and the next thing I knew someone was talking about meeting me and buying it or swapping it for 9mm. The next thing I knew, the thread was locked and our posts removed.

Hopefully, that is the last and only time I run afoul of the moderators. I hope to learn a lot here and contribute when I can.

Mr Moderator, thank you for letting me stay.

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

Reactions: TexOkie

·
Registered
17,296 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: TexOkie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome TexOkie! In the small world category, during the grand days of CB radio, my handle was Texas Okie since I split my time about equally between Amarillo and OKC.

·
One Star
10,471 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome TexOkie! In the small world category, during the grand days of CB radio, my handle was Texas Okie since I split my time about equally between Amarillo and OKC.
I was born in San Antonio, but raised in Tulsa. I never felt at home In Oklahoma, but Texas just feels right.

·
Pony Soldier
8,777 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg

·
Army CW3
1,246 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.