Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going everyone? I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps and the only pistol i ever fired was the bereta m9. I just got my full concealed carry license last week and i decided to go with the ruger sr40. So far all ive put through it is 50 rounds but it fired like a dream. I was just wondering if there was anything i should know or keep in mind when it comes to breaking in this handgun?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Great choice on the Ruger. Welcome to the forum.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome from mid-cost Maine.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome to the Forum from Georgia by way of Long Island!

I'm also in the "breaking in" phase of a new Ruger pistol. Mine's an SR1911 and it shoots like a dream. Have 700 rounds "down range" with it at present without a hiccup.

As far as breaking in my SR1911, what I've done is I cleaned and oiled it prior to our "first dance", kept it cleaned and oiled after every outing and I'm shooting it every chance I get. I've been told it takes about 1000 rounds to break in an SR1911, don't know if it's true or not, but the gun is not as stiff as it was when I first got it last month.

For your SR40 I recommend you check your owners manual for any specific break-in instructions, wouldn't hurt to keep track of the amount and types of ammo you shoot with it and just keep her cleaned, oiled and shot!

Happy shootin' and glad you could join us, ENJOY! :)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! enjoy the forum and your ruger!! ruger has some good tech tip videos on their website, and youtube is bound to have tons. i'd maybe have a look at some of those. that's what i did when i started this whole firearms saga back in june, in addition to getting tons of sage advice here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle, and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...By way of Batavia,N.Y.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.