Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks!

Long-time gun owner/shooter but new to this forum. I own a little bit of everything, but current Rugers include an SR1911 and a brandy-new GSR with anodized stainless barrel and composite stock. Looking forward to having fun with it!

A bit of a rant: anyone else have problems with Ruger’s shipping/package? Mine arrived (from a third-party dealer) with the interior styrofoam broken. Ruger users the cheap stuff that breaks into a million little balls - so everything in the package was covered with it!

Then when I tried to add the spacers to increase the LOP, I found that the Allen wrench they included was two sizes too small for the bolt head! Fortunately I have my own set, but how hard is it to include the correct tool? I just wondered if this is a ”routine” issue or if I was just lucky! 😀

Anyway, I’m looking forward to playing with my GSR (when it isn’t snowing!).

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Welcome from NC. Never had a problem with Ruger. Try calling Rugers CS their pretty good at making things right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from NC. Never had a problem with Ruger. Try calling Rugers CS their pretty good at making things right.
Thanks, but it’s not worth taking up their time. It was more aggravating than anything. I may look for an address to send the some feedback, but I’ll leave CS to deal with real customer problems! ;)

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

·
Premium Member
14,053 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Illinois.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome from the seacoast of NH.

I too had problems with Ruger packaging. My 1st RPR showed up broken. The styrofoam was broken and the handguard was broken clean off. Dealer returned it and ordered me a new one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
17,037 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Exchequer
4,584 Posts