Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I have joined the Forum as I am considering buying a Ruger LCR 357 and am looking for information and advice. I am hoping that those of you who have one can share information on types of holsters for women and just any pertinent information in general. I have never fired an LCR, but have been shooting with my husband a number of times and fire his 9mm and 357 revolver. I am really interested in a small lightweight handgun for concealed carry (I have taken the firearms safety course offered by the local sheriff's office and have my CCDW permit). In today's times, I feel the need to have some type of security but also realize that carrying a firearm is a big responsibility not to be taken lightly. Any words of wisdom (especially from women) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Pennsylvanian!

Sorry I can't offer any advice on the LCR, but Kudos for accepting the responsibilities involved!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. You are certainly starting off on the right foot. I believe that if more women carried we would see a drop in crime. Too many women are seen as an easy target. You will get more response to questions regarding the LCR if you repost under pistols and revolvers/ double action.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome from FL...this is a great site, looking forward to your posts!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey....Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome, nice folks and good info here...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome, from PA

Both my wife and I own LCRs ... .38s My wife loves the gun and she uses a Folbus paddle holster or a cheep inside pocket "pouch"

The .357 is going to have quite a snap, but you can shoot .38s in it.

·
Registered
17,112 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Wife and I each have LCRs: hers a 22, mine a 38. I carry, she doesn't. We both love our LCRs, but she doesn't enjoy firing the 38 often due to recoil. However, she doesn't have any qualms about handling the 38 and having it on her nightstand for in-home defense.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from "The Mountain State"

·
Registered
767 Posts
Welcome from the mini state.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.