Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New member here with Ruger CS Applause

2K views 36 replies 35 participants last post by  jmohme 
#1 ·
Hello all, looks like a great place to share this experience. I purchased a new LC9s a few weeks ago and maybe a week later the wife and I finally got around to shoot it. We each ran a 7 round mag through the gun and stopped because of the cold weather. It operated fine and seemed accurate and easy to shoot. Nearly a week went by before I did a cleaning and inspection on it and I discovered what felt like rough spots in the bore. Looking through the bore I could see about 6 rough spots so I took some pictures with my digital camera and e-mailed them to Ruger's Customer Service Lead as per the instructions to do so from the tec I spoke to on the phone.

The gun was shipped back to Ruger from Cabelas on Monday December 28th. and I got a call from the gun desk at Cabelas on Tuesday January 5th. saying that my firearm was back from Ruger. and they replaced the barrel free of charge. That seems to me to be a very fast turn around time to be able to fit a new barrel on my gun and I couldn't be happier. Here's a picture of the original barrel.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#3 ·
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

#18 ·
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

#23 ·
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes! I'm a member to several bowhunting and archery forums and this one looks to be just as friendly. I'll try to contribute as much as I can in the future. I've been a bowhunter for 43 years and a firearms hunter, shooter and reloader for more years than that. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.