Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out and bought a new Ruger Mark III with a heavy 5.5" Barrel with adjustable sights. I knew exactly what I wanted before I got to the gun shop that I've bought from in the past. Everything went well and I made the purchase in about 10 minutes including the paperwork and all. After purchasing I asked them if someone could show me how to disassemble it and reassemble knowing how much of a pain this gun can be. The actually told me that they don't know how. This isn't some tiny gun shop either, it's very well known. Unfortunately it was more like buying a car. Purchasing a gun in the past has I have never looked at them like "typical salesmen" but this time...not so good.

Anyways, I went to the range and fired off a couple mags then followed the directions to disassemble it. I was definitely a pain in the ass but after a couple times it loosened up. I put it back together and fired off a couple hundred more rounds then packed up to go home. After getting home I took it apart again to clean and it went much easier this time.

I've got a Tactical Solutions threaded 4" on the way and this gun will be the new host for my Outback II silencer. All I've got to do now is some research on what kind of scope to put on it.

So, hello all and see you around.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!
Yes, they are a pain. I have to look at the manual each time I clean it.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana, and congratulations on a very nice 22 auto. I they are a fine looking firearm. Pretty soon you'll be able to do it in the dark!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts