Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly retired, I am taking up hobbies that I never had time or money for when I was working. Shooting is among them.

I bought a 5.5" bull barrel MKIII last weekend--my first semi-auto. At the range on Wednesday, I shot 150 rounds. As I'm new to shooting, I took my time & braced on sandbags for the first 140 rounds; then I shot the next 10 at a silhouette target. I did better than I have in the recent past, shooting rented 9MM pistols.

Having read so many posts on various forums about how new pistols have problems, I was pleased that the Ruger never faltered--no FTEs or FTFs.

I have learned a lot about pistols in the last month or so just by reading in gun forums. I look forward to learning still more on this one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome from W. Wash.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Greyghost, welcome to the forum. The Mark series pistols are fun to shoot. Chime in anytime, we look forward to hearing from you in your retirement.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex-glad to have you with us...drop into the Tavern to the Early Risers' Coffee Shop-first cup's on me!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome Greyghost, wow must be some retirement you have I too retired but had to go back to work to support my gun habit lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Greetings from SE South Dakota,Greyghost. My wife and I got lost in Santa Fe once. The streets were not square with the world. Beautiful city! The 5.5" Ruger bull barrels are my favorite .22LR pistols...any of them! Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.