Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Jeff and can someone tell me the difference between the Vaquero and the Bisley Vaquero. The one that im looking at is a 44 mag. Im New to the whole revolver thing so i really don't know. Please advise.... I have a puck but now i have to figure out how to post a pic

·
Registered
947 Posts
The difference is in the grip. The standard SA grip is more curved back or what they call "plow shaped". The Bisley grip is more straight up and down which is modeled after the 1894 Colt Bisely revolver. It was named after a famous 19th century shooting range in Bisley England where they would hold shooting matches (similar to our Camp Perry matches). The Bisley grip is preferred by target shooters and hunters especially with larger bore revolvers as they are more comfortable to shoot. I have a Bisley Blackhawk in .45 LC and it's a dream to shoot. Check the Ruger website for pics of the Vaquero and Bisley Vaquero.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Welcome from Western Massachusetts!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Welcome from the Central Valley of California.
As was said, the Bisley has a different grip angle that looks odd but feels good and shoots well.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome Jeff, from South Louisiana!

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome Jeff - from West Virginia

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.