Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

New member here.

I recently purchased a Ruger 10/22 Takedown, and when I got home I noticed a small pit and some markings that run along the front part of the receiver sub-assembly.

Another angle:

I don't know enough about metal properties/tolerances, so my question is, should I be concerned about this?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice!

mission critical

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! if you're primarily concerned about the larger, oval-ish one in the middle, i wouldn't be-- mine has that, too. i imagine that's probably got something to do with when it was poured/cast. the other 'scratches' look pretty minor to me, but all i know is what mine looks like. have you had it out shooting yet?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same with mine...just a casting mark. I would not be concerned with it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You bought a NICE 10/22TD,

But you should have bought a upgraded 25/22TD that's what I have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks, Arg0naut22, Gunpoor & westgl!

Your responses to my question greatly helped to ease my mind.

I have not had a chance to take my 10/22 TD to the range, as of yet, but when I do make it out, I'll have to decide between a Leupold 2-7x28 rimfire scope that I just picked up and a Primary Arms Red Dot Sight.

Thanks again, gentlemen... I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with this rifle.

@ westgl - Sorry, being new to .22, I'm not familiar with the "upgraded 25/22 TD". Did I miss out on a different model?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts