Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I found the sight after searching on SR9c Jams when new. I bought one and went to shoot it today and it jammed several times. Rounds fail to feed up into the chamber. And sometimes the last one does not eject properly. Went through about 80 rounds and this happened maybe 6 or 7 times. Not real inspiring. Looks like I will need to send it in.

Mike

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,359 Posts
Mike ... Welcome from a fellow Buckeye in SW Ohio ... Sorry that you're having some difficulties, but glad to have you aboard! I'm curious if you gave it a thorough cleaning before you hit the range?

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Did you disassemble it and clean it thoroughly prior to shooting ?

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Greetings & Welcome to the forum from the "Tar Heel" State of North Carolina.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Welcome from mid-coast Maine. Hope you get your SR9c running right soon, because you are going to love that pistol once it does.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome from Tampa!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Mike first off Welcome, On that new Ruger pistol of yours try cleaning it again and get two or three different kinds ammo and try it again. sometimes it takes a couple of hundred rounds in a new pistol before things start working properly. just my .02

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome from Michigan

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome, I'm sure that Ruger will get your SR9 taken care of. Good luck with it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the Welcomes. It shoots true. No I did not clean it before shooting. It was the way it came from Ruger. I did clean it well after shooting. I will get some different ammo and try again. Suggestions on ammo type??

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum - from "The Mountain State" of West Virginia

You might want to post your question/problem under the pistol category. You will get more responses from those who have experienced similar issues.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,359 Posts
Thanks for all the Welcomes. It shoots true. No I did not clean it before shooting. It was the way it came from Ruger. I did clean it well after shooting. I will get some different ammo and try again. Suggestions on ammo type??
Mike ... I suspect all the factory Goo had something to do with your issue. Since the SR series pistols are not really picky eaters for the most part, you'll likely get satisfactory results with any of the less expensive brands at your local Wally World or big box gun store (WWB, Federal Champion, Remmington, etc.). Be sure to let us know how the next range trip goes :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hope you can resolve your issues with your SR9...
Welcome from the Florida panhandle near Pensacola...
Merry Christmas & GOD bless...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.