Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, but saw this section and wanted to show off the knife I got. The guy that made it for me buys blanks and makes the handles to fit them. But he has since bought a forge and is going to start making his own blanks. I had him make me a knife, and have been extremely impressed with how it turned out, so much so that I have him making me another one as a gift for my dad.

It's real damascus, not the laser etched stuff that I see at a lot of gun shows. I got it pretty sharp and have enjoyed carrying it around.
Dan

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome to the Ruger Forum Dot Net.

And what a good looking knife. You need to be a bit careful with your Damascus blade. They can rust more easily than other blades. I've made a couple of knives from Damascus steel. I get the raw steel, cut, grind, sand, and polish the steel until it is a blade. Finally I send the blades to a guy to temper them. When they come back, I polish them, and give them an acid bath to bring out the etching. Then I make a handle and sheath.

Very pretty, but they are a bit more expensive than other steel.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Nice blade.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Very nice.

·
Administrator
23,524 Posts
Your dad is going to be a happy guy when he opens that present. Looks like a quality knife that will be excellent for hunting or all around use. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.